It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

There's a lot of talk here about how much trouble we will be in without signings. I see it as a great opportunity for Garcia and Harwood Bellis, personally.

It was the same last summer with zero direct cover for Fernandinho. Last season worked out ok.
Kompany was outstanding no doubt about that, but one thing he wasn’t was reliably available. We coped with 3 senior centre backs plenty.

I’m totally happy with our squad but I’m really surprised one or two quality players have not come in after Rodri if the club want champs league as we are very close to it.

Maybe the quality pep wants just isn’t there.

We certainly need Jesus firing this season because opportunities will be there for him.

There's a lot of talk here about how much trouble we will be in without signings. I see it as a great opportunity for Garcia and Harwood Bellis, personally.

17 year olds can’t play potentially 3 games a week at premier league and champions league level? I know it’s a worse case point but a pre season friendly is completely different to the real thing. Two hugely talented defenders who seemingly have impressed pep and the coaching staff.

17 year olds can’t play potentially 3 games a week at premier league and champions league level? I know it’s a worse case point but a pre season friendly is completely different to the real thing. Two hugely talented defenders who seemingly have impressed pep and the coaching staff.

Garcia turns 19 in January. Dinho (just like Mascherano before him) would be fine at CB in a Pep team. Walker has played CB at the highest level internationally--I expect he can do a job for us against lower level teams who put 10 men behind the ball. We have Laporte, Stones, Garcia in the first team and Harwood Bellis looks nailed on to be in the first team next year. I very much hope we don't buy a senior CB.

It was the same last summer with zero direct cover for Fernandinho. Last season worked out ok.
Kompany was outstanding no doubt about that, but one thing he wasn’t was reliably available. We coped with 3 senior centre backs plenty.

He made 26 appearances last season that’s not far away from half the games. Yes he was injured a lot but that’s still a good amount of games. And we were very lucky in that Laporte didn’t get injured all season bar a small knock, it’s unrealistic to assume that will happen again.

Kompany came into the side at a time when Stones was badly out of form and off the back of an injury, otamendi wasn’t much better and had got himself in Peps bad books getting himself needlessly sent off and Laporte was being flogged, aside from what he brought to the side through his leadership qualities we needed a fresh pair of legs and he provided it.

This is a general transfer question; if it’s deadline day and for whatever reason we want to sign a lad from japan, could we do it?
Or can you only complete signings of players within commuting distance?

Garcia turns 19 in January. Dinho (just like Mascherano before him) would be fine at CB in a Pep team. Walker has played CB at the highest level internationally--I expect he can do a job for us against lower level teams who put 10 men behind the ball. We have Laporte, Stones, Garcia in the first team and Harwood Bellis looks nailed on to be in the first team next year. I very much hope we don't buy a senior CB.
"Would be fine"?

"Can do a job"?

"Looks nailed on to be in the first team next year"?

Sounds like a hope list, & not the type of forward planning a team who wants to conquer Europe & retain a treble would be looking to implement.

"Would be fine"?

"Can do a job"?

"Looks nailed on to be in the first team next year"?

Sounds like a hope list, & not the type of forward planning a team who wants to conquer Europe & retain a treble would be looking to implement.

Exactly right. We definitely need a third top class centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.