It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a new rumour...have we had any links to this guy?

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 18m18 minutes ago
Pep is ready to splash out £35m to sign a third Monaco player after Silva and Mendy, with Thomas Lemar (21) in his sights. [Sunday Express]
Think we did but can't see where he fits in with us already having gundogan kdb and the 2 silva's don't think there is anything in this.

Agreed.

Monaco away showed why Fernandinho cannot be a lone holding midfield player.

In a two yes, but as a 1 in a 4-3-3, not for me.
He gets drawn out to intercept 50-50s and good players get in behind him. One of the biggest reasons why our defence looks so ragged. I collected a load of videos from season before last and posted on here. They were all goals we conceded where he was at fault without obviously being at fault. If that makes sense.

I do think he's been very good in general but he's much better with a midfielder mopping up behind him for when he does get exposed or caught out.

We played cannon fodder though. Good teams expose us when he's the midfielder responsible for defensive discipline.

Cannon fodder like United at Old Trafford?

He was our best player before xmas.

I think you've fallen for the trap a lot of England fans did where they judged Gareth Barry's whole career on his performance against Germany in the world cup. You're judging Fernandinho based on his performance at Stamford Bridge when he was doing two midfielders jobs and covering the hapless Navas at right back.

And you're probably judging him because his name and appearance are similar to Fernando's ;-)

Cannon fodder like United at Old Trafford?

He was our best player before xmas.

I think you've fallen for the trap a lot of England fans did where they judged Gareth Barry's whole career on his performance against Germany in the world cup. You're judging Fernandinho based on his performance at Stamford Bridge when he was doing two midfielders jobs and covering the hapless Navas at right back.

And you're probably judging him because his name and appearance are similar to Fernando's ;-)

Dinho was poor in midfield this season.. Hence why despite all the praise Pep poured on him at the start of the season Yaya took his place and never gave it back

Dinho was poor in midfield this season.. Hence why despite all the praise Pep poured on him at the start of the season Yaya took his place and never gave it back

Nah, he wasn't.

He was our best player early in during the season playing in midfield.

There was comments on here saying how good he was and that he looked certain for player of the season.

Pep was praising him to high heaven at the time. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he was telling the truth.

His form faded later on in the season and his sendings off disrupted his form. But early on in the season he was fantastic in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.