It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I know I'm also talking best 11 at this moment and so if I'm going with both players it only means that someone else will miss out slightly. Ok let me put it differently, mine is not so much 'a best 11' but best fit for what i presume Pep would do based on how we played last season and the players we have. There's little that separates these players with respect to proficiency as they have their unique fortes. If we are going to be playing an attacking midfielder flanked by 2 wingers, KDB will probably be the first name on my list. The fact that he had highest number of assists in a season where he played much deeper and was quite inconsistent in a good number of games is testament to the fact that the guy is a genius.

We might just have to wait till the season starts to see what Pep will do. I respect your viewpoint as I do mine.

It's so relieving to remember that I am not the one deciding who starts and who doesn't.

I don't envy Pep. No I don't...haha

Aw for sure man, Pep will be chopping and changing this side to suit the opposition a lot if we get all our targets and that will be a headache. I feel he'll start out with the most consistent of players then adapt from there. I think KDB starts next season even if all the rumoured signings come in then again I can easily envision him not so yep, I'm glad its not me deciding haha.

Fernandihno?
I don't think Fernandinho is positionally disciplined enough to play either position to be honest. He's fine in a system that utilises a box to box player or a deeper midfielder but having him as the player protecting the backline is a mistake we have made in the past. He's too easily drawn from his position and the good teams exploit this. At right back I think he'd be equally susceptible to it.

I think we have to move past utilising second choice options as first choice options, or 'he'll do for now' options.

You can't realistically challenge for anything of note with 'he can do a job' sort of players. Clichy, Kolarov, Sagna etc can all do a job.

That aside, Fabinho to me is the perfect player for us. Much more so than Walker. He's younger, cheaper, more versatile. He'd allow us to invert the full backs as well which is something which can be useful if we have the right personnel.

I don't think Fernandinho is positionally disciplined enough to play either position to be honest. He's fine in a system that utilises a box to box player or a deeper midfielder but having him as the player protecting the backline is a mistake we have made in the past. He's too easily drawn from his position and the good teams exploit this. At right back I think he'd be equally susceptible to it.

I think we have to move past utilising second choice options as first choice options, or 'he'll do for now' options.

You can't realistically challenge for anything of note with 'he can do a job' sort of players. Clichy, Kolarov, Sagna etc can all do a job.

That aside, Fabinho to me is the perfect player for us. Much more so than Walker. He's younger, cheaper, more versatile. He'd allow us to invert the full backs as well which is something which can be useful if we have the right personnel.

Agreed.

Monaco away showed why Fernandinho cannot be a lone holding midfield player.

In a two yes, but as a 1 in a 4-3-3, not for me.

Fernandihno's reputation has taken a serious dive amongst fans. Just a mare. 5 months ago he was deemed first name on the sheet. Pep claimed 3 of him would win the league. He was beloved and most claimed he should get an extension.

Somehow, he has suddenly lost it all. I reckon he is older, and I would let him run out his contract. But he is a capable footballer and would not be out of place on any team. As a backup fillback, he is more than overqualified.

And for what its worth, Fabihno is simply a younger Dihno with less speed and more size. How Fabihno can be good enough to be our missing link while Dihno is not good enough to be a backup full back blows my mind.

Fernandihno's reputation has taken a serious dive amongst fans. Just a mare. 5 months ago he was deemed first name on the sheet. Pep claimed 3 of him would win the league. He was beloved and most claimed he should get an extension.

Somehow, he has suddenly lost it all. I reckon he is older, and I would let him run out his contract. But he is a capable footballer and would not be out of place on any team. As a backup fillback, he is more than overqualified.

And for what its worth, Fabihno is simply a younger Dihno with less speed and more size. How Fabihno can be good enough to be our missing link while Dihno is not good enough to be a backup full back blows my mind.

Dihno suffered for his versatility- even within games - some of his performances were poor last season - Chelsea away comes to mind. . Versatility can be good but only if you can deliver the highest standards in each position.

Dinho had a poor end to the season but overall has been an excellent signing.

I feel he can still do a job next season, lets not forget some of the forum last year said the one and only David Silva was no longer good enough..........OUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.