It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Otamendi, I can't believe the disrespect he gets from some of our fan base. He's been our best defender last season, and as it stands, considering Vinny's injury record, he's our only top defender who's certain to start regularly.

Yes he struggled alongside Stones and Kolarov, but so freaking what? Some pairings don't work out simple as.

He has done really well in a Pep system which is brutal for defenders as admitted by Pep himself, add to that the fact that he hasn't had a proper screening in front of him and the fullback support has been non-existent, I think he has done better then what some other high profile CB's would've. Put Bonucci in that team last season and you'll see what I am talking about, the guy would've been skinned like a chinchilla and I'm not even joking.

"Grow up" from a user whose only response is "keep digging!" And uses "LMAO".

Jesus Christ, let's try this from another angle.

What do you think the general opinion of Otamendi is outside of Manchester City fans?

The opinion of other clubs fans, the media, pundits etc.
Why are you changing your tack. I simply asked you to quantify your statement " his reputation is in the gutter " and all you offered is your opinion. If you are so naive to believe what you read in the press, more fool you. Furthermore, when calling me a fool, you spun your message to that poster to water down your original statement. Go back and re read our tet a tet, you will see why I said you were digging a hole. I also said I was laughing, and that was for two reasons. your naivity at believing what you read and, making up your own tales to try and reinforce your view. I get it you dont lime or rate Ota, I have no issue with that, just the need to fabricate is wrong. You have no idea what the general public think.

I'm not sure why you don't follow it as it's pretty straight forward. Certain players are better in certain systems and I think Otamendi comes under this category. The way we set up isn't going to get the best out of a player like Otamendi, we are far too open and allow opposition too much space in the final third which has left us exposed on far too many occasions.
He's more than capable of getting in that last ditch tackle thatblooks impressive but he's also capable of finding himself bullied and caught out positional wise. He's a good player and towards the back end of the season he was very impressive. I've not seen him do it enough on a consistent basis though to care if he's sold or not. Like I said, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him stay but I'd consider a bid which made the sale worthwhile.
You are good at changing goalposts and spin, I will give you that. I can only think you are doing that as others are now not agreeing with you

I'm not hung up on it, I just pointed out why he wasn't worth what Van Dijk was...and public perception, "hype" and everything else matters when it comes down to that.

The one user then decided to use me stating that obvious fact he has a poor reputation at the moment to insult me, accuse me of lying and then point blank refuse to accept that Otamendi isn't universally acclaimed.
IN THE EYES OF DOMALINO!

Bwahahahaha. Give your fanny a good wipe - sorry if that offends too. OMG what a naive sole you are

I`ll be gutted if we`re left with Bravo and Ederson. That cant happen can it ?

Just imagine Ederson tearing a muscle in the warm up before the first game and we have Bravo stand between the posts for a few months.

Come back Willy ffs
IIRC we won quite a few with Bravo between the sticks - what's your issue?

Why not wait and see if Bravo has regained his form before spitting your dummy. Christ, some are quick to knock their own

On Otamendi, I can't believe the disrespect he gets from some of our fan base. He's been our best defender last season, and as it stands, considering Vinny's injury record, he's our only top defender who's certain to start regularly.

Yes he struggled alongside Stones and Kolarov, but so freaking what? Some pairings don't work out simple as.

He has done really well in a Pep system which is brutal for defenders as admitted by Pep himself, add to that the fact that he hasn't had a proper screening in front of him and the fullback support has been non-existent, I think he has done better then what some other high profile CB's would've. Put Bonucci in that team last season and you'll see what I am talking about, the guy would've been skinned like a chinchilla and I'm not even joking.
Absolutely spot on.

I hope we sign a CB who's on a par with Kompany ...but I'd want to see Otamendi stay. Stones is the one I'd be most nervous relying on. He might be better going on loan somewhere good to genuinely learn from more games (Spain, Germany, or to a team who play the right style of defense- Huddersfield, Bournemouth, even Everton under Koeman) just for 1 season though. I'd even in that case accept Kolorov as a 4th choice CB.

But I hope that we improve the CB position AND keep Otamendi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.