It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like KDB but he needs to become a bit more like DSilva imo to command a starting position, hard to dispossess and more consistent in his first touch/passing. Shows how lucky we are with DSilva.

Madness.

130 chances created, 7 goals, 22 assists (city article from yesterday says 27). Hit the woodwork at least 10 times so could have been even better.

The idea that he would have to do anything better to 'command a starting spot' is insane.

Madness.

130 chances created, 7 goals, 22 assists (city article from yesterday says 27). Hit the woodwork at least 10 times so could have been even better.

The idea that he would have to do anything better to 'command a starting spot' is insane.

I think he's saying he would like him to dominate the game more like Silva!! If he could do that too we would have the best attacking midfielder out there.

Madness.

Well for a start hes absolute gash at tacking.I`ve never seen a midfielder pull out of so many challenges ... nor make many.Thats something that he could learn from Magio and something he wasn`t that good at years ago.
Any players can always improve ... just ask any of them.

I think he's saying he would like him to dominate the game more like Silva!! If he could do that too we would have the best attacking midfielder out there.
He's not that sort of player though. Silva plays like a metronome, kev plays in flashes. But those flashes are the most dangerous pieces of play we have in games quite often.

On that level they complement one another.

Oh aye he could do better, but if he played more like David Silva he wouldn't be posting those numbers in my opinion. Merlin was incredible last season, but there were times when he didn't try a more difficult pass/cross or didn't have a shot himself when KDB probably would have and that's one of the reasons he got so many assists and created so many chances. We need Silva and Yaya to dominate the play but we also need KDB and Sanchez, if he arrives, to try the riskier plays.

Not every player needs to be able to dominate games in a yaya sort of way,some would say dave doesn't either (not my view) kev's role is to create for others,he is a higher risk player in terms of moving the ball foward so comparing him to dave is not very fair,if the others had been able to finish his assist stats would be mental

Well for a start hes absolute gash at tacking.I`ve never seen a midfielder pull out of so many challenges ... nor make many.Thats something that he could learn from Magio and something he wasn`t that good at years ago.
Any players can always improve ... just ask any of them.

Okay so let's make this absolutely clear: I was not saying Kevin is perfect and that he couldn't improve. All I said was the idea that he would need to do more to command a starting spot is laughable. He could walk into just about any starting 11 in the world.

We could have gotten around 15M i believe if we pushed around ?

Probably could have gotten 15 million easily, but he probably wants to stay with Huddersfield and asked for that to be considered. So we take that into account, but add in the buy back and sell on clauses. That way he's happy, terriers are chuffed and we get to look like nice guys whilst still making a huge profit - which could get even better if he improves or if they sell him on.

Okay so let's make this absolutely clear: I was not saying Kevin is perfect and that he couldn't improve. All I said was the idea that he would need to do more to command a starting spot is laughable. He could walk into just about any starting 11 in the world.
So he can improve ... as I said.However good he is,our Coach demands more,so there will be plenty of opportunities for all midfielders to constantly hit those levels.If not,then there will always be another one to step forward.
I`m not slagging KDB off ... but he needs to show more consistency ... and tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.