It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our strategy seems to be to get a tight agreement with both the player and agent - which then this hits the public domain and then we have a long and so far fruitless negotiation with the club. We seem to be getting a bit bent over by Spurs, Arsenal and Monaco. I suspect we are optimistic of doing deals otherwise we'd be distancing ourselves and we are not - the vibes are that we are confident. I thought we'd have all but Sanchez in by pre season but that's not looking likely - might be lucky to have everyone by the first game which isn't ideal but you can't make clubs sell their players to you.

Our strategy seems to be to get a tight agreement with both the player and agent - which then this hits the public domain and then we have a long and so far fruitless negotiation with the club. We seem to be getting a bit bent over by Spurs, Arsenal and Monaco. I suspect we are optimistic of doing deals otherwise we'd be distancing ourselves and we are not - the vibes are that we are confident. I thought we'd have all but Sanchez in by pre season but that's not looking likely - might be lucky to have everyone by the first game which isn't ideal but you can't make clubs sell their players to you.
Seems to be the same every season. Clubs just hold out for the money which I guess is pretty obvious really. As long as we get the 2 full backs in on top of Ederson and Silva. That's the main thing. CD is a bit of gamble, but perhaps less so than last season. After all Kompany starts fit and Stones has a season under his belt. 4-5 largely defensive signings was really what most expected at end of last season. It was what I was thinking about. B.Silva was a bonus.

The one on the far right has the most promising technique.
over-enthusiasm to hide a malformation of the hip, i'd say.
that, or early symptoms of st. vitus dance.

either way, if we are playing bagsy, you are welcome to her.
i'll have the minx in the miggle.

Has anything happened today?
Talman-Madsen-Photography-Sunrise-and-Sunset-Challenge-images_Talman-Madsen-Photography-Sunrise-and-Sunset-Challenge-images-5-e1485452774916.jpg

All a game of cat and mouse. If you are selling to a rival then you don't want to give them an advantage in letting the player get there before pre season to give maximum bedding in time. But if you need to get a replacement in then you don't want it to weaken your negotiation stance.

No doubt Arsenal and Spurs are realistic that Sanchez and Walker are leaving but what do they gain in letting them come to us nice and early?

An extra £50 million to spend in the transfer window, and getting their own squad sorted early pre-season.

Walker was left out 7 week before end of season. Levy & Pochatino new then & for us to talk to him then Levy new the score by at least March...

Getting Alves on a free, seems to be key if Kyle wants away from Spurs and we don't want to be hung out to dry on the fee IMO.
Same with Mendy/Bertrand. If we get the financials right for Mendy, we go to Southampton and go in lower than if we were desperate for a LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.