It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had many a troll with early join dates, but haven't actually started going at it until later. I wouldn't assume you would have "silently trolled", just created an account and waited until you were inspired to make a mark.

But I'll defer to your declarations of concern and just consider you one of the more melodramatic posters, then.
With a name like Geek24601 of course I'm melodramatic mate!! I guess I may be overreacting... just very frustrated and want us to have a phenomenal season this year after last seasons disappointment!

It'd be nice to see some kind of movement with the players that we are supposedly nailed on to sign. I know we like to keep our cards close to our chest these days but if Sanchez and Mendy go the same way as Alves then I'd say we've got some genuine concerns. Not really at the point of worrying just yet but the longer all our transfer business drags the worse our preperation for the new season will be. We need to be going all guns blazing from day one.

Because if we are serious about winning on all fronts then Pep needs time to work with the squad and fullback is vital in what he is trying to achieve with us. A fast start in the Prem is important especially given our mid season form over the last few years.
Chelsea didn't even start the preseason until late last year and they seemed to do okay. You're bordering on looking for any excuse to moan right now.

Preseason never matters that much, Zivchenko started in most of our games last year and that didn't mean he was ever in with a shot of playing when the season started

It'd be nice to see some kind of movement with the players that we are supposedly nailed on to sign. I know we like to keep our cards close to our chest these days but if Sanchez and Mendy go the same way as Alves then I'd say we've got some genuine concerns. Not really at the point of worrying just yet but the longer all our transfer business drags the worse our preperation for the new season will be. We need to be going all guns blazing from day one.
THIS 100%

Essentially the ITKs said we were going for

4 FBs....Alves presumably one of them, the others mentioned Mendy, Walker and Bertrand
1 CM.....Fabinho was mentioned initially
1 Goalkeeper...Done
And
Sanchez/Mbappe

The signing of Bernardo was out of nowhere

Still on course but a lot of work to do.

I didn't consider him all but confirmed, while Douglas Luiz's current club has basically announced the sale.

And he may be for loan but he is still a signing. Regardless, 2 confirmed first team signings is perfectly reasonable for less than two weeks from opening of the transfer window. Especially when all the fullbacks we are going after are prized and their clubs know we need them (hence are likely to be difficult negotiations).

The statement was medlodramatic at best.

TBH I agree we have done ok and people pissed because Alves never signed and we have no new FBs for pre season

Hopefully the FBs are sorted before season starts as these are most important to us at the moment

Sanchez if possible will be towards end of window

Essentially the ITKs said we were going for

4 FBs....Alves presumably one of them, the others mentioned Mendy, Walker and Bertrand
1 CM.....Fabinho was mentioned initially
1 Goalkeeper...Done
And
Sanchez/Mbappe

The signing of Bernardo was out of nowhere

Still on course but a lot of work to do.
And apart from keeping us entertained through the summer it matters why ?

So you think having no first choice fullbacks for most of pre-season is acceptable? Again thanks for the personal insult I guess there are many immature posters on this forum who cant deal with someone having a negative opinion.
Yours is not so much negative but just pure crass.What is it with people who want us to rush through transfers when they have no idea as to what status we are at with our dealings,nor do they have any idea as to how complex they are.
You just don`t walk into a club asking what the price is for x,y and z.
There are numerous people involved !! Long gone are the days when a Manager went to another Manager asking for a player and telling his Chairman "get it completed".
Seriously I couldn`t give two shits about not having a full squad for some pre-season games.I`d be more concernd if they wern`t here by the second week in August.
I for one ain`t bothered at all,its just the whinging cry babies who complain at fuck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.