It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though where is Otamendi? Has anyone seen him recently, is he ok? He hasn't posted on social media for a while...

Perhaps the rumours of a move where well founded?

I know he's a bit of a marmite player, but in my opinion if we sell Ota for 30 and bring in Iñigo Martínez for roughly the same price (think his release was 28?), then that would be a good bit of business. Left footed and younger, possibly fits the play style more. Current defensive situation notwithstanding.

I'm enjoying the idea of Domenech taking training and being like: 'alright lads, line up, attack against defence'

*everyone but Vinny and John moves to the other side of the pitch*

'Oh'

I'm enjoying the idea that Pep play 2 defenders vs the one striker the opponent will field. And we continue to keep scoring more than the opponent.
Oh ... this is pretty much what Pep likes his teams to play.

Do you think that the jump in transfer fees seen this season is a one off response to the latest TV deal and it will settle down until the next deal, or is going to keep going up?

The current deal lasts from 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19. It wont be long until rumours of the next deal surface and that will probably dictate which way the market goes. People assume it's on an ever-increasing trend but obviously that depends on the media companies as well

Do you think that the jump in transfer fees seen this season is a one off response to the latest TV deal and it will settle down until the next deal, or is going to keep going up?

The current deal lasts from 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19. It wont be long until rumours of the next deal surface and that will probably dictate which way the market goes. People assume it's on an ever-increasing trend but obviously that depends on the media companies as well

i'm currently doing a bit of work for one of the 2 big broadcasters and the general consensus is that this level of deal is unsustainable if viewing trends continue the same way.

Good question Marvin - its crossed my mind and wonder whether the rags are purposely driving up the market as part of some strategy they have planned

i'm currently doing a bit of work for one of the 2 big broadcasters and the general consensus is that this level of deal is unsustainable if viewing trends continue the same way.
Interesting. I'd heard BT's Champions League figures weren't great. I think Sky might have stopped the Internet streaming of football. I am not going to watch Internet streams now that it's been made overtly illegal.

Good question Marvin - its crossed my mind and wonder whether the rags are purposely driving up the market as part of some strategy they have planned
I think it might suit City if the money goes out of the game. Whoever's top makes loads in a very competitive football mkt, but it is enormously difficult to finish in the top 4 let alone win it when every club is spending 10s of millions. It's an exciting league at the moment, but not sure if it suits City having all these competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.