It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really felt for him, didn't know what hit him. I think its fair to say the players he had in front of him, Vinny being injured, didn't help. it must have been bad because it affected his very basics of goalkeeping. our opponents knew they had a chance if they just flung the ball in. shit teams got points they were not expecting before that season started. so we move on. he has a season under his belt, as does Pep, we look like having some decent players around him, its all there now for him to put last season behind him and start afresh

Mods! Mods! Come quick! Bill's account has been hacked!

second worse for me. Immel was a disgrace.
I see where you're coming from but Immel has the excuse that was playing behind s poor defence.
Anyway the good news is that a 'swap' between Bravo / Reina is very much on the cards.it can't happen soon enough for me.

I really felt for him, didn't know what hit him. I think its fair to say the players he had in front of him, Vinny being injured, didn't help. it must have been bad because it affected his very basics of goalkeeping. our opponents knew they had a chance if they just flung the ball in. shit teams got points they were not expecting before that season started. so we move on. he has a season under his belt, as does Pep, we look like having some decent players around him, its all there now for him to put last season behind him and start afresh

I agree, in fact we are used to Joe´s bravery under opposing forward pressure but when push came to shove Bravo was simply not brave enough.
Pep was trying as best he could to encourage him and was visibly angry when our fans jeered him. His confidence was shot and nothing was easy for him.

Away from the Pl at International level he suddenly rediscovers form but psychologically that form is unlikely to be reproduced in the PL unless the collective ghosts of Mike Doyle and Bert Trautmann explain the art of thuggery to him.

I dont disagree that Bravo failed to deliver. The difference for me though is that Bravo has all the tools in his locker and lost form for whatever reason. Joe, simply hasn't the necessary skill set required for our style

Didn't deliver on a basic scale, delivered on the more intricate side of the game but that's useless if your aren't getting the basics right

Why does nobody understand that Bravo was a perfectly good shot-stopper before he came here? It's almost an arrogance to ignore his career before City, and people assume he's always been as bad as he was this season, but nobody noticed because in their eyes all football outside the Premier League is invalid.

Spot on, Reina was not very good at Liverpool after his first season, Scousers will tell you he cost them many goals and he will not have improved as he is now nearing the end of his career which has been a good one to be fair. Not what we need and definitely no better than Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.