It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
who has stated that Sanchez would be a Kun replacement
Not directly but if Aguero leaves next summer and Sanchez comes in it hardly changes the age profile of the squad, we'd very soon be talking about replacing Sanchez given the arguments used for selling Aguero next year - e.g. "cashing in before his legs go".

I wouldn't say Kun
I don't get the logic of Sanchez replacing Aguero either seeing as he's only 6 months younger and he isn't in the Messi/Neymar category of superstar players, he's on that level just below them, same as Aguero.
I wouldn't say Kun was below them or anybody else for that matter.

I don't get the logic of Sanchez replacing Aguero either seeing as he's only 6 months younger and he isn't in the Messi/Neymar category of superstar players, he's on that level just below them, same as Aguero.

Sanchez won't be replacing Aguero and who in their right minds would not attempt to sign a player with a similar level of ability to Kun?

Sanchez won't be replacing Aguero and who in their right minds would not attempt to sign a player with a similar level of ability to Kun?
That's the problem though, you've got posters enthusiastic to sign Sanchez who then start talking about moving Aguero on when both players are pretty much the same age and ability level. I can't see any progression there whereas I can see the progression in signing Mbappe.

Not directly but if Aguero leaves next summer and Sanchez comes in it hardly changes the age profile of the squad, we'd very soon be talking about replacing Sanchez given the arguments used for selling Aguero next year - e.g. "cashing in before his legs go".

Sanchez and Kun are around 28 and 29 years old, you would think they were approaching 35 the way some people are talking.

The expectation is that by time they leave, the likes of Jesus, Sterling and Sane will be having the same impact as they had in their peak. Then we need to sign players who can play the role they currently have now.

That's without mentioning the market which we will always be extremely competitive in.

Sanchez and Kun easily have another 3 peak years in them if they are managed properly and they are going to have the short-term desire to win everything as they don't have the longevity of some of the younger players.

Our squad needs a balance of youth and experience and the fact that we could go into the season with only Vinny, Dinho, David and Yaya over the age of 30 is extremely encouraging.

That's the problem though, you've got posters enthusiastic to sign Sanchez who then start talking about moving Aguero on when both players are pretty much the same age and ability level. I can't see any progression there whereas I can see the progression in signing Mbappe.

This is why there is so much traffic on this. No posters are suggesting we move Kun on, they are debating whether the club might see fit to either because a), they feel they will now get max return or b), he asks to go because he feels his time is up as he might see his starting spot threatened.

You can't see progression because you are assuming that both Mbappe and Sanchez would replace Kun and neither of them are currently better than him.

However, when you consider that Sanchez would more than likely play alongside Kun in the wide left position then it's impossible not to see how he would improve our squad. Last season only Kun scored more goals than him and only KDB registered more assisted than him. He's an incredible player who would instantly improve us, not to mention the fact that he almost single-handidly knocked us out of the FA Cup semi (along with the ref).

Having forward options of Kun - Sanchez - Jesus - Sterling and Sane has the right mix of experience, pace, power and the winning mentality. Replace Sanchez with Mbappe and we are an Aguero injury away from an extremely inexperience forward line.

I don't see how if we Signed both Sanchez and Mbappe would mean Sergio would leave? Not saying by any means I expect us to get both but Sanchez plays on the wing only last season really he played up top because of Arsenals injuries. Mbappe when I have seen him play tends to start central then drift wide. Think its something we missed last year, players in the whole squad who have that real goal threat.

We do need one more forward imo, we have let Nacho(looks like it) Navas Nolito all go. Maybe they wasn't the best but they all got their minutes. If one of the 2 came in I don't think it would have a major change in Agueros minutes. Maybe sit out the extra 1-2 games but if it means keeping him fresh for big games then so be it. The extra rest might save him from a injury who knows.

IF Pep wants this winning squad rotation then every player needs to be top quality. Its like saying Silva would come in and replace D Silva/KDB/ Sterling whoever meaning they would have to leave. Simple really, some players play one game and some play the next. Pep seems keen in his Press conferences to talk about the squad as a whole and how everyone will play, I trust whoever he brings in will be for the best and make us better and work out well.

This is why there is so much traffic on this. No posters are suggesting we move Kun on, they are debating whether the club might see fit to either because a), they feel they will now get max return or b), he asks to go because he feels his time is up as he might see his starting spot threatened.
This view is why there's a debate, if we get both kylian and alexis, Sergio will have no choice but to go, there's no way all four can be accommodated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.