It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I saw someone say words to the effect of you can't learn composure but I disagree. You can work on controlling your emotions and also on the things that effect your emotions; if you want to. You can improve your reading of the game. I know from the many years that I played in goals at the very lowest of levels (i.e. recreational) that my positional play improved with experience - I never had any coaching but I never stopped trying to learn.

As you say, there are certain players that he is made to mark (Costa is another oft quoted example).

As for the incident you mention in the Hammers game, Ederson should have pumped that one down the park but receiving the ball under pressure and dealing with the situation is something you can practice over and over in training. The turn and spin Mangala did in a prior game shows that he has skills.

Like you, I'd rather just go and buy VVD but my faith in Pep means that I think he can get the best out of Mangala.

I agree there are things he, or anyone, can do to improve parts of their game, whether it be positional or technical and with the access to coaches, video etc that they have now, it should be easy to get the support. What concerns me about Mangala, and many other players who have obvious defects in their game, is that you don't see improvement. So either he's reached the limit of his ability or he's not putting the effort in to improve.

He has all the other attributes to make it as a defender, especially in the PL where physicality is more important, so I hope he can improve on the ball but otherwise his lack of confidence would affect the way we play, allowing teams to mark the others, knowing you can pressurise him once he's received it

Arsenal trying in vain to keep their best player
Dippers trying to keep their best player

Two of the so called elite

Yet City looking pretty and looking for the cherry on top of a fantastic looking cake

How times have changed

It really seems like we're done here. While I do think we need one or two more more if this is the price for avoiding the Bony and Delphs type signings of the world it may be something we just have to get used to.

It really seems like we're done here. While I do think we need one or two more more if this is the price for avoiding the Bony and Delphs type signings of the world it may be something we just have to get used to.
You think we're done? Why? Because tolmie isn't posting videos or the shit media isn't writing about shit rumors? How about what Pep has now said multiple times in press conferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.