It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point, some people actually believed we would be prepared if possible to sign both Mbappe and Sanchez in this window.

What would have been our first choice starting line up in the biggest games if we did? Good luck with that.

How fecking depressing. £30m for a player who will be gash in a high line defence is just pissing £30m down the loo. I'd rather pay £60m for VVD if we're going to pay £20m too much for a player - especially as there is now £100m+ cash available after Mbappe decided on PSG.
Aren't players like messi and mbappe supposed to be self financing?

Evans will be the worst piece of transfer business we have done since Jo, Santa Cruz and Rodwell etc.... fuck me I thought those days were behind us.

I agree.

He's not a terrible player but not a higher level one which is what we want.

Would rather spend just a bit more and get vvd which will help us for years more

We dont know it is £30m, VVD might not want to come and because we were willing to splash 100 big ones on Mbappe, doesn't mean it is avail elsewhere
Then buy anither quality defender that suits our game that isn't pissing £30m down the loo.
Evans in a high line defence will be a disaster that can only seriously damage Pep's standing in world football.
I'd rather stick with Mangala who could at least keep up with an pacey attacking forward.

Last edited:
Then buy anither quality defender that suits our game that isn't pissing £30m down the loo.
Evans in a high line defence will be a disaster that will seriously damage Pep's standing in world football.
I'd rather stick with Mangsla who could at least keep up with an pacey attacking forward.
My thoughts too. 100%

Evans will be the worst piece of transfer business we have done since Jo, Santa Cruz and Rodwell etc.... fuck me I thought those days were behind us.

Or alternatively, if he proves to be a successful signing for City ..............................imagine the fucking melt down on Sad Cafe !!

Evans in a high line defence will be a disaster that will seriously damage Pep's standing in world football.
I'd rather stick with Mangsla who could at least keep up with an pacey attacking forward.

This is what I have said a few times that Evans would be exposed to pace as we play a high line and WBA play a deeper defensive system that's suits him as he isn't particularly quick.

Personally I don't think he's what we need but as always the buck stops at pep and if he signs we will see if he can adapt.
Hopefully we will get Sanchez though as he is class and would be a welcome addition to our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.