It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, with who we're linked with and who we've already got, that we're just going to have multiple different plans and people will sit on the bench. Just the way it's going to work.

Have we been linked with Eric Dier?

He fits the bill perfectly:
>Young (23)
>English
>Defensive Midfielder with among the most interceptions, tackles, arial-duels in the league- his Defensive game is solid
>Has a great passing range for a defensive midfielder.

Our midfield needs a bit of steel, we need a tackling midfielder who can not only break up the oppositions play and win back possession, but who can distribute the ball as well. On top of that he's English and young, as stated.

He's probably cost more than any targets we've been linked to in that position

Anyone clued up on ffp as it stands? What's likely to be our max budget, before outgoings are taken into consideration?

Almost impossible to say, we don't really know how much we're making, how much the contracts of leaving players will save us etc.

Best guesses seem to be about £200m net, and the papers reported a few weeks ago we expect to bring in at least £100m from sales.

So total spend could be around £300m

Almost impossible to say, we don't really know how much we're making, how much the contracts of leaving players will save us etc.

Best guesses seem to be about £200m net, and the papers reported a few weeks ago we expect to bring in at least £100m from sales.

So total spend could be around £300m

Cheers mate, Peps the best judge of a player there is, (appart from Dax obviously) so going to be exciting. A few Morata to Chelsea story's doing the rounds wonder if they are making room for Sergio or Mbappe?

Cheers mate, Peps the best judge of a player there is, (appart from Dax obviously) so going to be exciting. A few Morata to Chelsea story's doing the rounds wonder if they are making room for Sergio or Mbappe?
MBappes skin is a little dark to be one of Perez's galactico's (allegedly)

Anyone clued up on ffp as it stands? What's likely to be our max budget, before outgoings are taken into consideration?

It's obviously complex but with us being in profit and having loads of players out of contract there must be plenty of headspace. I don't think FFP will be a constraining factor this year.

So from the hints from Tolmie and the line ups people are posting it seems we're only getting 3 new starting players - Ederson, Bonucci and Sanchez?

No fullbacks or defensive midfielders? Think we need 2 fullbacks and 2 defensive midfielders as both Yaya and Fernandinho are ageing.

From the lineups it looks exciting going forward but as soon as we lose the ball we'll get dicked in midfield again.

Why all the Ederson rumours? Would we not just buy back Rulli instead?

Most of the board disagrees with me but I don't think we have an option on Rulli until 2018.

Bravo will need to be replaced soon. Its possible that Ederson replaces Willy and Rulli replaces Bravo. Depends on what we are planning on doing with Gunn I guess...

Sane and sterling at wingback feels like a massive waste to me. Reeks of playing our best 11 players rather than our best team.

Not under Pep IMO. They wouldn't play there exclusively or even often. A squad of 16 top class players who can all play multiple positions, though, allows Pep to keep the squad happy and ensure that we always have a strong starting 11 and a strong bench. Wingback would just be the other position that Pep plays them in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.