It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Trippier has came in he's done just as good a job. Loads of speculation over the past few weeks about Walker, and I'd imagine he's off. Whether he comes to us or not, he's definitely not worth anything upward of £30m.

I disagree, I think Trippier is merely 'decent' and nowhere near Walker, who in my opinion would be worth around £50m for what he'd bring to us and Pep's style of play. He's a beast going forward and can defend well too. Would love him here, I think he'd be a perfect fit for our system.

Carvajal probably wouldn't want to leave Madrid though, and maybe Sandro is happy to stay at Juve. I think of the top full backs potentially available Walker and Rose are the best.

Was just using those two as examples. We could get top drawer, world class, established full backs for £80m if that's what we're willing to spend.

We'd be better off figuring out who his replacements are as no doubt they'll be £50m cheaper and probably better players. That's how we do transfers...right?

Joking aside, they'd definitely be a huge upgrade on where we are now and I've already posted that if we end up with the names mentioned then it'd be a magic window.

However, on Walker/Rose I'd like us to learn from our mistakes a bit. There will be cheaper, better options out there which would surely free up some funds to strengthen in other positions. If they were indispensible then Levy simply wouldn't be willing to sell them. They don't need the money.

Maybe they do, for their new stadium?

Also, compared to us and the rags and Chelsea, Spurs don't pay such astronomical wages.

Was just using those two as examples. We could get top drawer, world class, established full backs for £80m if that's what we're willing to spend.

Who though, that would actually want to come?

I agree there are better, but I can only think of the two you mentioned, Alaba, Azpilicueta and Fabinho. Of these only Fabinho would be realistic.

Think it would be more this

-------------------Ederson-------------------
Walker----Stones----Bonucci-----Mendy
----------------Tielemans-------------------
---------Gundogan-------------Silva---------------
Sane------------Jesus-----------Sanchez

Subs: Bravo,Kompany,Maffeo,KDB ,Dinho,Aguero ???,,Sterling.

Reserves: Kolarov,Backup LB,Garcia,Delph,Roberts

Dropping KDB, controversiallll

When Trippier has came in he's done just as good a job. Loads of speculation over the past few weeks about Walker, and I'd imagine he's off. Whether he comes to us or not, he's definitely not worth anything upward of £30m.

But it's Levy at the end of the negotiation table and Walker is on a longterm deal.

We'd be better off figuring out who his replacements are as no doubt they'll be £50m cheaper and probably better players. That's how we do transfers...right?

Joking aside, they'd definitely be a huge upgrade on where we are now and I've already posted that if we end up with the names mentioned then it'd be a magic window.

However, on Walker/Rose I'd like us to learn from our mistakes a bit. There will be cheaper, better options out there which would surely free up some funds to strengthen in other positions. If they were indispensible then Levy simply wouldn't be willing to sell them. They don't need the money.

Agree 100%. Full backs should be our main priority, it just pains me a bit knowing we're going to overpay for Walker and Rose if that's really who we're targeting.

Who though, that would actually want to come?

I agree there are better, but I can only think of the two you mentioned, Alaba, Azpilicueta and Fabinho. Of these only Fabinho would be realistic.

There are a lot of players who are better or just as good as them. I'd say Alaba, Sandro, Pereira, Semedo, Carvajal, Marcelo, Alba, Luis, Juanfran, Cedric, Gaya, Grimaldo, Mendy, Bernat.

And most of those are unobtainable and totally unrealistic but there are a few there that I'd imagine we could probably get for the price being banded about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.