It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Yaya signs an extension then maybe he is the pivot for next year with Fernandinho as cover and the money will be spent on a new GK, LB, RB, CB and a forward...

If Yaya signs an extension then maybe he is the pivot for next year with Fernandinho as cover and the money will be spent on a new GK, LB, RB, CB and a forward...

im not sure if holding onto yaya for another year would be a mistake or not. be has been great this year but is he going to be able to keep producing it?

i also would have thought getting his wages off the books would help with recruitment.

its a very difficult decision either way

I hope we can get full backs as quality as Walker and Sandro. Would be a night and day difference to what we have now.

Get a new centre back and a new keeper and all of the sudden our defence might actually look good.
Ive thought all along we need a new cb this summer, but its lokking quite a complicated position to fill now with the fitness and form of Kompany and Otamendi. I can only see us fitting somebody else in by selling Kolarov, then we would need cover at left back as well assuming we get Sandro or Mendy. It would probably need to be homegrown as we are still tight around the 17 non homegrown limit, but even then we can only have 4 and we have Sterling, Stones , possibly Walker, Pickford and Delph.

thats my view as well....would much rather have heinrichs

I don't think it'd be wise to bank next season on a 20 year old full back who's only played a couple of seasons of top flight football. The two full backs we bring in need to hit the ground running and I expect that's why we're going to sign Walker/Sandro or players of that age/experience in those positions. In fact I reckon it'll be the same at CB as well. We're going to sign someone in the 25-30 age range as opposed to younger.

Ive thought all along we need a new cb this summer, but its lokking quite a complicated position to fill now with the fitness and form of Kompany and Otamendi. I can only see us fitting somebody else in by selling Kolarov, then we would need cover at left back as well assuming we get Sandro or Mendy. It would probably need to be homegrown as we are still tight around the 17 non homegrown limit, but even then we can only have 4 and we have Sterling, Stones , possibly Walker, Pickford and Delph.

Absolutely no question in my mind that they'll sign another CB this summer. They're losing Tosin this summer on a free as well and he was nominally part of the 25 man squad this season. My best guess is that actually Otamendi's gonna get sold, Vinny will stay, and we'll bring in another CB. It's a risk but I suspect that at least one if not both the full backs we sign will be able to play as part of a back 3.

I don't think it'd be wise to bank next season on a 20 year old full back who's only played a couple of seasons of top flight football. The two full backs we bring in need to hit the ground running and I expect that's why we're going to sign Walker/Sandro or players of that age/experience in those positions. In fact I reckon it'll be the same at CB as well. We're going to sign someone in the 25-30 age range as opposed to younger.

Maybe Van Dijk or Laporte?

Maybe Van Dijk or Laporte?

We won't go back for Laporte IMO. There was a story I heard recently that one of last summer's transfer targets had really pissed Pep off due to their conduct and that in that case there's no way City would go back for that player. I'm guessing but I'd say it was him. The manner in which it came out of nowhere that he signed a new deal when literally the day before it was being reported locally that City had triggered his release clause suggests something made him change his mind at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.