It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason Danny Rose would fetch that money, is the ridiculous 'English Tax'.

He is nothing & neither is Bertrand. In comparison to some of the shite we have watched at fullback, he's ok, but if Kolarov had pace,for example, he'd be a whole world better than Danny Rose.

We are talking 50 mil because a bloke can run & kick the ball without falling over too often.

If we have to sign English players, we should try to pick up the future stars imo, not overpay for moderate talents whose main attribute is that they are athletes.
We are supposed to have plenty of 'future stars' in the academy, I thought. Vast majority are English and, if we are just going to go out buying players for the future, I'm not sure what the academy's purpose is. Third year in a row into the youth cup final (in all probability) and very little coming forward to the first team (same with Chelsea who are also into their third straight final). All seems a bit of a waste.

The problem with fullback suggestions is that ours were so weak this season that any decent player would be an upgrade. Yea that includes Rose and Walker. And while they might be considered 2 of the better fullbacks in the league, this doesn't necessarily make them the best fit.

Kyle Walker doesn't fit this side but Danny Rose would be absolutely perfect for us.

If Rose came through our academy,he'd be playing for Fleetwood rn after a few loan spells.He is top 7 LB in the world,but more or less paying 50 M quid for Spurs' gamble..27 and his fitness is a major isuue,particularly in the past few months.

We are supposed to have plenty of 'future stars' in the academy, I thought. Vast majority are English and, if we are just going to go out buying players for the future, I'm not sure what the academy's purpose is. Third year in a row into the youth cup final (in all probability) and very little coming forward to the first team (same with Chelsea who are also into their third straight final). All seems a bit of a waste.

We're all looking for the £50m player that will save us, er, £50m. One'll turn up. Knowing our luck it'll probably be at CFC.

£30m £40m £50m on players , it's fucking embarrassing football these days to be honest , it's just a case of outspending each other and frankly it's all becoming fucking boring .

This club has a long long history of wasting obscene amounts of money and I'm not just talking since the 2000's.

Peps right in fairness when he says a club needs local talent in the first team to give fans an affinity with the club- it's sadly looks like we are going to throw another £200m at the squad on mercenary money obsessed players , the club has no soul anymore and it's fucking sad in my humble opinion- having fight to the end written on academy walls doesn't give a club soul.

If the club don't wake up we will have the most expensive white elephant in the PL, the club needs to find its balls and bring some kids into the squad .

£30m £40m £50m on players , it's fucking embarrassing football these days to be honest , it's just a case of outspending each other and frankly it's all becoming fucking boring .

This club has a long long history of wasting obscene amounts of money and I'm not just talking since the 2000's.

Peps right in fairness when he says a club needs local talent in the first team to give fans an affinity with the club- it's sadly looks like we are going to throw another £200m at the squad on mercenary money obsessed players , the club has no soul anymore and it's fucking sad in my humble opinion- having fight to the end written on academy walls doesn't give a club soul.

If the club don't wake up we will have the most expensive white elephant in the PL, the club needs to find its balls and bring some kids into the squad .

Totally agree - I look around at players who have been given a chance because of injuries - look at rashford, even Bellerin. If we have decent fullbacks there's a good chance they will step up when playing with better players.

50M for Rose would be daylight robbery, I'd rather offer 15 for shaw.

If people think we are spending £50m on Danny rose anytime soon they are off their rockers....

1. He's a competent left back nothing more , loads more value to be had in Europe
2. We would be haggling with Spurs all summer long, having to wait until the last minute before he signed, not ideal
3. He's 27, its not like signing a 21 year old John Stones for £50m where you can get more than 10 years return on your investment
4. If we utilise our own players to fill the homegrown quota we dont have to worry about signing English players, we have Roberts , Maffeo, Tosin who are all capable squad players

Diaz, Sancho and Foden will be a real test of the clubs will to promote youth to the first team. I'm hopeful.....

It's laughable reading people baulking at Rose's transfer fee. Some people should watch more footy before trying to comment on it like they know what they're talking about.

If people think we are spending £50m on Danny rose anytime soon they are off their rockers....

1. He's a competent left back nothing more , loads more value to be had in Europe
2. We would be haggling with Spurs all summer long, having to wait until the last minute before he signed, not ideal
3. He's 27, its not like signing a 21 year old John Stones for £50m where you can get more than 10 years return on your investment
4. If we utilise our own players to fill the homegrown quota we dont have to worry about signing English players, we have Roberts , Maffeo, Tosin who are all capable squad players

Sadly fella we will be throwing silly money at players yet again , so if we sign another 4-5 players on 5 year contracts to play along side current players all with 3-4 years left on contracts when and how does the club bring in some of our younger promising players ? If they are given a chance to impress and they don't they will be at least be on less lucrative contracts and small wages so it becomes easy to replace or move them on, sadly it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.