It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
First they were a Sullivan, but Kitty left and her neighbour finally got a better offer...
kxBP4A.gif

We are supposed to have plenty of 'future stars' in the academy, I thought. Vast majority are English and, if we are just going to go out buying players for the future, I'm not sure what the academy's purpose is. Third year in a row into the youth cup final (in all probability) and very little coming forward to the first team (same with Chelsea who are also into their third straight final). All seems a bit of a waste.

Well what SHOULD happen, is that those kids should be brought through now, alongside the latest signings next season & those who perform the best, stay, the others are sold if they prove to be below par (kids or signed players) & the next generation of kids follows on from there, competing with the survivors.

We can have the best of both worlds but the previous managers have been obsessed by spending. More than half our squad is about to become surplus, so there is plenty of room for both signings & academy kids.

I wonder if we signed any of the Spurs lads would they start to pass to Sterling for England as from what I've seen they try their hardest not to at the moment - wankers.
As for actually signing Rose, well he's better than what we have is probably the best compliment I can give him but is he the best we can do? Seems a hefty price tag to me.

Is anyone here suggesting we try and sign Marcelo, Alaba or Alba?

Further, without getting into the specifics of the statistics you've decided to focus on, would you not agree that passing accuracy is possibly the most important of the lot for a Pep side? In a game designed around possession, misplaced passes are the death knell and would completely throw the team's rhythm. For example, no player in the City starting XI sports a pass accuracy that low, not even Sergio Aguero, despite the fact defenders can sit back and pass between each other and the keeper all day. Further, our current left back Gael Clichy has a much higher pass accuracy of 84%.

Take a player who we could acquire, potentially at much less cost, such as Juan Bernat. Scratch the surface and you see he has consistently managed 90% pass accuracy every year of his career, in all competitions. Danny Rose has yet to break 80%. It's not that that isn't good enough, it's that we can do better.

He's just completely missed pretty much every run Sterling made for England dithering about like a fucking dummy.

If he signs for us, his brain capacity will have to improve about 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.