It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This...

Great to get it all done early then rest of summer wondering what the hell to get excited over. At least there's a big chance we'll get the drama of a transfer target being delayed and the BM roller coaster ride that goes along with it... my money's on a Kyle Walker saga... whether it reaches KDB levels of 'will he won't he - words out of context - epic proportions' is anyone's guess :)

Oh for the summer of 2012 - spent the summer in France - used to travel into town once a week to log into Bluemoon only to find "Nothing" had happened. Long summer of inactivity then signed a pile of shite! At the last minute. This summer is going to be the best - up there with the one when we signed Yaya and Silva.

Fabinho replaces Zab as RB, can play inverted RB, replaces Nando in midfield.
Thus, as we've lost both RB's, I imagine Walker is still on the cards, homegrown and would free up Fern from backup FB duties - i.e. if we keep Toure, we don't need another DM.
Mendy is quite like Clichy but stronger, better with the ball at his feet, can pass and cross.
Silva replaces Nolito and is also understudy/long term replacement for Silva, and I think he's much needed competition for the two young wingers (Sane is a bit sulky and Sterling needs to improve technically). He's more suited to the right of a 4-4-2 than either of them. Also competition for KDB, who is still having too many scruffy performances.

I don't see how Alexis does anything for us if Aguero is staying, and the latter looks reinvigorated and there's glimpses of a wonderful partnership with Heyzeus. I'm ruling that out. Plus, in a 4-4-2 we would have loads of options for hole players. Allowing Sanchez to join a big club could mean less competition when we do go for another striker.

I think Pickford has to be of interest as a home grown talent.

The interesting one for me is CB. I guess Kola stays but relying on VK's fitness is a big gamble.

Speaking of Monaco fire sales, I didn't realise Ryobolev was the one who bought Trump's mansion (allegedly way over market value). And he's just sold a bunch of his art collection. Very interesting.

Fabinho replaces Zab as RB, can play inverted RB, replaces Nando in midfield.
Thus, as we've lost both RB's, I imagine Walker is still on the cards, homegrown and would free up Fern from backup FB duties - i.e. if we keep Toure, we don't need another DM.
Mendy is quite like Clichy but stronger, better with the ball at his feet, can pass and cross.
Silva replaces Nolito and is also understudy/long term replacement for Silva, and I think he's much needed competition for the two young wingers (Sane is a bit sulky and Sterling needs to improve technically). He's more suited to the right of a 4-4-2 than either of them. Also competition for KDB, who is still having too many scruffy performances.

I don't see how Alexis does anything for us if Aguero is staying, and the latter looks reinvigorated and there's glimpses of a wonderful partnership with Heyzeus. I'm ruling that out. Plus, in a 4-4-2 we would have loads of options for hole players. Allowing Sanchez to join a big club could mean less competition when we do go for another striker.

I think Pickford has to be of interest as a home grown talent.

The interesting one for me is CB. I guess Kola stays but relying on VK's fitness is a big gamble.

is he ?

Only a little bit, but yeah, I'll stand by what I've said. I've noticed this side of him just slip out on a few occassions. "Petulant" as much as sulky, although the two tend to go hand in hand. Remember the three fingers? Absolutely stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.