It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. Yaya fulfills both of those duties. Not so much now as he is reaching the end of his career at the top. But when he is on fire not only can he cover the back four but he has the ability to change defence into attack with one turn or pass

Yaya has never been able to cover the back four. That's the one failing he has always had.

Or should I say, can't cover it to the extent we need it.

I've been a member here for a good few years now, however "rarely" post regarding first team football matters as I accept that watching MOTD,SKY & BT doesn't really give my opinion the same credence as those of you that follow our team week in week out. However, the transfer market is open season for everyone and I can't believe some of the nonsense/ utter gash I've read on here tonight. We have already made 2 brilliant signings (silva imo having the potential to be genuine world class), the club seem calm with regards to future signings and I have no reason to doubt that. We missed out on an ageing (tho' still brilliant free transfer). 40 years on from this love for City starting I am more confident than ever that when the season starts every club in the league will be looking at us and asking " wtf do we do about City, they're fucking strong in every area of the pitch?" Just my thoughts, I'll go back to primarily reading posts.

Like you been on this for a while but as a guest and never bothered signing up or posting till a few months ago but agree with your post.

yes all day long, he can join up with his best mate Roberts.
I'd love for Roberts to eventually get his chance here. As for Tierney, I'm obviously no scout but the lad looks the real deal.

I'd be happy with either Bertrand or Mendy and Tierney as cover for the league and playing cup matches. I'd think we could maybe get him for 1/2 or 2/3 of what one of the afore mentioned will cost us.

It's my understanding Rogers thinks Tierney has the capability to learn to play CB. Not sure why we couldn't teach him to play that re here as well.

Pep's obviously happy with the defensive midfield options though, so getting a player who prefers to play there and can occasionally cover RB doesn't really make a lot of sense.

He's also the complete opposite kind of RB to Alves so as a replacement doesn't really work.

Not to mention Monaco selling us 3 players in 1 window seems unlikely, and I'm not sure how being our 3rd choice defensive mid and 2nd choice RB is going to get him into Brazil's team.
Fabihno is what we want in our future DM but if we don't act now he'll likely be off to a rival or a club that not going to want to sell him in 2 years. So maybe signing him to cover for RB and occasionally play the DM role when we rotate about then say in 2 years we sign a nice young up and coming RB or promote some youth, we can slot him into a permanent DM position.

I'd think that would be idea for us seeing as he would a season or two in peps system then can just be slotted right in there when either yaya or ferna legs go but i do agree with the fact that monaco wouldn't really want to sell us 3 players. But you could argue that if he's being sold anyway it shouldn't really matter where he signs.

Because Fabinho doesn't have the creativity that is essential to a DM in Peps system think about a Xabi Alonso. Busquets, Weigl, Diawara, Yaya etc. Those are the type of players Pep wants as a DM, players that in general are a little less defensively sound but exceptional in possesion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.