It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much easier to integrate sure but much more difficult to retrain. He's only average fast as well which is a deal breaker for me. If you think he'll succeed there fair enough magte but I just don't.

As to 3-5-2 you said in your previous comment you don't think we'll sign De Ligt but if we were going to use that formation we'd need to because Vinnie can't be relied upon and we can't have Stones, Laporte and Ota playing every game.

I think to really kick on next season we need to sign Jorginho and Mahrez and try our best to sign De Ligt for when Vinnie is gone next year. There have been a fair few games this season when Raz and Leroy have looked devoid of ideas but we don't really have any way to change it up, having a different style of winger will give us something off the bench in the games and help those two kick on by really challenging them for a starting spot. I just don't see a 19 year old out of position Diaz being able to do that but if you do then fair enough.

I don’t either. Would love Mahrez but I think we have a limit say £60m and we won’t pay substantially more.

Nothing to retrain. Players learn new positions all the time. Don’t think Delph forgot how to play midfield after playing LB all season.

We don’t need Diaz to be a successful winger. We need him to do a job there and I think he will be able to next season especially in cup games and in some PL games. Think Diaz can slot in for Leroy in an otherwise full strength team against say Watford next season at home and do a job and help us get 3 points.

Of course I’d love Mahrez he’s probably my top choice right now but that was interpretation of Pep’s quotes. DM is an absolute priority and if we can get an attacker for a reasonable fee we will otherwise we’ll stick with what we have which in the end is not a disaster. Jesus can also play LW.

That being said Mahrez and Jorginho is the dream summer for me. Hopefully we can secure both.

I don’t either. Would love Mahrez but I think we have a limit say £60m and we won’t pay substantially more.

Nothing to retrain. Players learn new positions all the time. Don’t think Delph forgot how to play midfield after playing LB all season.

We don’t need Diaz to be a successful winger. We need him to do a job there and I think he will be able to next season especially in cup games and in some PL games. Think Diaz can slot in for Leroy in an otherwise full strength team against say Watford next season at home and do a job and help us get 3 points.

Of course I’d love Mahrez he’s probably my top choice right now but that was interpretation of Pep’s quotes. DM is an absolute priority and if we can get an attacker for a reasonable fee we will otherwise we’ll stick with what we have which in the end is not a disaster. Jesus can also play LW.

That being said Mahrez and Jorginho is the dream summer for me. Hopefully we can secure both.

Yeah fair enough mate, I don't put any stock in what Pep (or any manager for that matter) says in press conferences - its all just a game of chess. Especially for us this summer he can't say we want 3 or 4 because players in the squad might have their heads drop and clubs would know they can charge whatever they like. If he says one or two it sounds more like we can take it or leave it.

Not groundbreaking I know but my cousin is at the parade and was talking to a city board member who had enjoyed enough drinky poos to say that we hope to have two in this month! No names mentioned but he was told DM and CB! No mention of an attacking position yet
Hopefully the CB is De Ligt or a young quick CB and not JFE. Pep said maybe two players in the summer, but I would be surprised if an attacker is not one of the signings. If we only sign a CB and a DM, that might give Diaz more playing time next year. He seems equally as quick as Bernardo, who has done very well this season, so I don't think his pace will be a very big problem. He (Diaz) is very two footed and can play on both wings which is positive. I read somewhere that he forced himself to only use ONLY his weak foot for a whole year in every training session and matches to improve it when he was younger. He did well against Basel and Shakhtar in the CL, but needs more playing time to tell if he's ready to play a big part next season. Hopefully he will get a lot of playing time in the pre season. Surprised that we haven't been linked to Bernard from Shakhtar. He's free in the summer and would be a great rotation player.

Yeah fair enough mate, I don't put any stock in what Pep (or any manager for that matter) says in press conferences - its all just a game of chess. Especially for us this summer he can't say we want 3 or 4 because players in the squad might have their heads drop and clubs would know they can charge whatever they like. If he says one or two it sounds more like we can take it or leave it.

Me either usually. But I watch every press conference and Pep seems to be genuinely honest for the most part. Just love watching Pep, the best manager in football. I am enjoying every second of it.

He did say one or two unless some players leave.

I am not against more signings of course!

Me either usually. But I watch every press conference and Pep seems to be genuinely honest for the most part. Just love watching Pep, the best manager in football. I am enjoying every second of it.

He did say one or two unless some players leave.

I am not against more signings of course!
Pep said earlier something like "1-2 and maybe replacements for those who aren't happy with their role".

Sam Lee has also expressed his doubts, tweeted that he feels City want to sign a CВ but don't want to announce it yet.

If we're really in for a CB, maybe we're negotiating with Napoli for both Jorginho and Koulibaly? 1st choice seems to be De Ligt, he seems like a talent you can't pass on. However, would that mean we sell a CB? 5 seems overkill, unless we primarily play a 3atb

If we're really in for a CB, maybe we're negotiating with Napoli for both Jorginho and Koulibaly? 1st choice seems to be De Ligt, he seems like a talent you can't pass on. However, would that mean we sell a CB? 5 seems overkill, unless we primarily play a 3atb
I'm sure we are not doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.