It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can't use anything from Silver Lake or CMC for sponsorship

We cant then go back to PUMA, ETIHAD, SAP, MARATHON, NISSAN etc with look who we have now walking around in your kit, sponser etc?

Whos to say we don't bring in another 10 major deals in the next few weeks?

I guess we get Koulabily over the line but then forced not to buy Aoure because we now need that £50m towards Messi?

We can because it was leaked last week City have always wanted Messi so inserted a ‘Messi tax’ into every sponsor co tract. If we sign him we can in fact renegotiate terms if we want, not saying they’ll do it but we can look at other sponsors if they don’t. The likes of Puma, Etihad, Nissan, Etislat would be crazy not to increase sponsorship, if even by a few million per annum. That alone covers his fee and wages.

You certainly aren't a moron but this is do-able financially. My issue would be raising the cash rather than meeting FFP. For that, we might have to sell someone we'd prefer not to.

Under FFP we can lose up to €10m a year in a 3-year period, which equates to £27m or £9m a year. We've made profits of £10m per annum the last 2 years, plus we can add back about £30m per annum in allowable expenses. That means our FFP-adjusted profit is something like £40m in each of the last 2 years, leaving us £49m a year to play with and still just about meet FFP.

If Messi brings in £40m a year additional commercial income, that's nearly £90m a year we've got to play with. That equates, over 5 years, to a £450m outlay, which is the same as a £150m fee and £60m a year wages. And that £450m is very much the worst case scenario I'd say. £300m sounds more like it.

And in the current financial year we've sold Sane, Garcia will go to Barcelona and I suspect Zinchenko will be surplus to requirements. The latter two cost us nothing so that could see a £50m profit, plus the £35m+ from Sane.
I don't want to infect this thread with financial debate so I'll DM you. If anyone wants to see my reply DM me. In short, I think this is a very optimistic analysis.

This is worth 20 minutes if any feels like getting excited.

It also reminded me that Rodolfo Borrell, one of our assistants was Messi's youth coach from u11-u18.

Amazing video. It made me think of the Kinkladze goal v Southampton. Messi has scored goals like that and even better many many times. I just hope and pray we can get this over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.