It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You certainly aren't a moron but this is do-able financially. My issue would be raising the cash rather than meeting FFP. For that, we might have to sell someone we'd prefer not to.

Under FFP we can lose up to €10m a year in a 3-year period, which equates to £27m or £9m a year. We've made profits of £10m per annum the last 2 years, plus we can add back about £30m per annum in allowable expenses. That means our FFP-adjusted profit is something like £40m in each of the last 2 years, leaving us £49m a year to play with and still just about meet FFP.

If Messi brings in £40m a year additional commercial income, that's nearly £90m a year we've got to play with. That equates, over 5 years, to a £450m outlay, which is the same as a £150m fee and £60m a year wages. And that £450m is very much the worst case scenario I'd say. £300m sounds more like it.

And in the current financial year we've sold Sane, Garcia will go to Barcelona and I suspect Zinchenko will be surplus to requirements. The latter two cost us nothing so that could see a £50m profit, plus the £35m+ from Sane.

Interesting financial calculations- the fear of having to sell someone to raise the funds is interesting as as of a couple of weeks ago, prior to the big messi story breaking there were a few words on having a number of players coming in, a potential outside big deal but that we might see someone leave that non of us would like to see going. Matches what you’re saying there so maybe there is merit in this unfortunately. Seriously hope not though.

You can tell things are quiet when there’s pages upon pages of imaginary number crunching and flapping about FFP. You don’t need a degree in accounting to realise we wouldn’t dream of jeopardising our financial security for anything. We’ve had eyes on Messi for a decade, the people in charge will have made contingencies for if he was ever to become available, add to that the fact that Messi doesn’t want out of Barca for a fatter pay cheque he just wants to win things in his final years at the top and money is a nonissue in this.

Now back to worrying how many Messi name templates the club shop will have to order in. maybe they can bulk buy Barcelona’s surplus stock on the cheap and get special dispensation to wear the la Liga font next season that’ll pay for an hours wage easily

@Ezzy

c8aA91W.gif

Well, the most journalists don't reveal their sources do they? Tolmie doesn't reveal his on here as far as I know. I wouldn't expect them to.

He doesn’t also put city are likely to pay 100 mill give up half their squad and all future rights to the Beatles back catalogue either does he?

It was a good SLY Sports interview with Barca Presidential candidate Vic Font. An unbiased, reasoned assessment of the situation. It’s just a shame that blighter isn’t in charge, as this may well have been a smooth running transfer, as opposed to the FUBAR situ the current Barca hierarchy have created, with regards to Lionel Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.