It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s so much noise because there’s a lot journalists reporting on very little or taking very one sided briefs. No one in the media has any definite idea how this will play out.

I have no idea what’s messi’s plan but I would imagine this move is purely for football reasons. He can spend 3 or 4 seasons earning €100m staying and playing in Barcelona. If he comes here at most he’ll earn the same level. So why risk his legacy at Barca to come here? To win trophies.

Barca are clearly in poor financial health, large debts, huge wage bill and an aging squad. They’ve appointed a club legend with a questionable coaching pedigree to save them. They’re trying to move high earners on with limited funds to replace them. It’s going to difficult to challenge Real and even more difficult to compete for the Champions League. They need a quick fix.

The logical solution is to sell their want away highest earner, worth €100m who depreciates to 0 next summer. Gives them transfer funds and frees up a huge amount of space on their wage bill. That is the logical thing to do. While football and logic don’t always go together that’s what I expect will eventually happen.

Messi meter of staying at barca has gone up. Not decided yet but Hagrid is a more reliable source than Tolmie. Noy may be 50/50 he is moving and staying. Messi camp is in deep discussion.

Are you in his inner circle? NO

Hagrid just retweets info from other sources

Its all speculation at the minute. Take everything we a pinch of salt and enjoy the ride.

Every year on BM there is always a major transfer thread which brings out the flappers

What will be will be

Messi meter of staying at barca has gone up. Not decided yet but Hagrid is a more reliable source than Tolmie. Noy may be 50/50 he is moving and staying. Messi camp is in deep discussion.
Messi's camp must know now that he needs to either find agreement with barcelona or formalise their exit. If the latter happens, we will move and it will develop quickly.

It's possible that Barca may fall on their sword. I don't think it will play out for much longer.

I don't gamble and I highly doubt Tolm would want anyone laying down their hard earned cash off his say so when there are so many variables at play. But all I'm saying is that there's something to be gained by that bet coming off.
I think Tolmie is credible and gets reliable (sometimes) ITK info. But most of us haven't a clue what went gone on behind closed doors yesterday. I'm ok with that. If Messi signs, great I'll be delighted. If he doesn't, no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.