It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Tugay One Cup

I totally understand that

You can't really claim that when a couple of pages ago you're asking why didn't he just ask to leave in May.

And then, back to the football side of things, he'd no doubt get a shit load of criticism for unsettling the team when they still had the league and champions league to play for.

Maybe you get that now that you've had a think about it, seeing as you're changing the topic back to how you think this wouldn't be a good signing, but I really don't think you got it when you wrote that post.

Bellamy's Caddy

Let's see what happens. Most of the 'leaks' so far have turned out to be bollocks.

He's the best player in the world and Barca are going to put up a hell of a fight to keep him. If he ends up staying, it's not like we've done anything wrong in this. Barca have maintained he isn't for sale under any circumstances and that he is under contract so they wouldn't let him leave. We couldn't influence any of that. The pessimist in me is fearing it's not going to happen, but I never thought we'd get to this point, so hopefully we get some positive news shortly.

mccity

SebastianBlue: mccity is very, very often on point
I don't understand if he was so pissed and wanted to leave the club, why did his dad not inform Barca before the Free transfer clause in his contract would be activated and he would leave as soon as the season ended.
Not sure where I read it (or if it's true) but there was a story that Messi has been pretty clear about leaving since March.

Keeper!

City were under a European ban from UEFA at that time.
Nothing to do with him wanting out at Barca, we were cleared by CAS and one of the few clubs who could afford the deal.
But if he was available on a free, he would have offers other than ours.

bugsyblue

The sun are saying he’s agreed a £2.4m a week contract at city! Have they been hacked?!

Keeper!

Not sure where I read it (or if it's true) but there was a story that Messi has been pretty clear about leaving since March.
Ok, that's why I asked the question, not seen any reports about that!

lonestay

Its not as if Messi has to worry about finding a house ,or is that comprehensive school got a good ofsted rating ,who is going to organise the removal trucks ,he doesn't have to sweat the logistics side of it at all. I understand the kids have friends in Barcelona etc but when they are older and living off dads multi million pound trust funds they will probably have got over the up rooting of their younger lives .

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.