It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
From watching this video you can see why pep wants Grealish if we do go for him, i know videos normally are just highlights and dont show everything but you can see hes got quality. Also highlights how villa need a striker badly to stay up next season.

There are better replacements for Gundogan but Grealish isn't one of them. He might be more mobile but he isn't the better passer. Not by a long chalk.
I feel sorry for Gundogan injuries have done him in
Very clever player who retains possession. Well another top pro

Reactions: mat
There are better replacements for Gundogan but Grealish isn't one of them. He might be more mobile but he isn't the better passer. Not by a long chalk.

Yeah agree regarding Grealish pass % it’s around 85 while Gundogan is around 89 but in a better team he will improve especially Under Pep at 24 he will be a good buy for no more that 60m

I'd really like to improve the striking area and be proactive in replacing Aguero instead of reactive when he eventually starts declining/getting even more injuries.

There aren't any striker I can think of who would improve us and are available this year... Maybe I'm missing somebody...
I'm not really sold on Lautaro, maybe I've been watching the wrong games but average is probably the best word I could describe him in those games I've watched. The fact that he is being benched by 2 ex rags is as big of a red flag as it gets. I really hope Barca sign him, they are into serious financial issues and splashing 80m on him on top of Dembele and Coutinho deals could really cripple them.

I'd say just skip it this year but what makes things worse is that Barca and Mardid will be going heavy for a striker next season (assuming Barca don't sign anyone this year) with Suarez and Benzema in a similar situation to Aguero.
Kane is the only name popping into mind but that's just such a difficult deal. We'd probably have to pay more than United for Sancho for a player who is 7 years older, seems to be injured half the season, has been played to death in last 4 years and who has very little resale value in 4-5 years. Just not worth it, he wasted his career being so loyal and coached by managers who didn't look after his health.

Frustrating...
Juventus will also be looking for a striker next summer, Ronaldo and Higuain are pretty ancient in footballing terms

@Ezzy

what do you reckon?

TH reckons that Ake, Torress are almost done.

3 more targets = Koulibaly, Alt Nouri and one other.

Then a possible 4th - major signing.

Plus keeper

I know you mentioned Alt Nouri a while back

To highlight the absence of Laporte this season, here’s a stat:

We conceded a goal every 220 minutes that he played

for context, the player next on that list is Boly of Wolves, who conceded a goal every 131 minutes he played

VVD conceded a goal every 103 minutes he’s played

We conceded 5 goals in the 15 games he’s played, and 30 in the 23 he missed
That is a pretty staggering statistic and proof that Stones and Otamendi need to be replaced this summer. Without Laporte holding their hand they are liabilities. Amazing they are so dependent on leadership from another player considering they are both experienced internationals

Yeah agree regarding Grealish pass % it’s around 85 while Gundogan is around 89 but in a better team he will improve especially Under Pep at 24 he will be a good buy for no more that 60m

Totally diferent playing styles as players and whilst playing for their clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.