It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Bartomeu isn't as stupid as he appears to be and accepts a reasonable sum for Messi to let him go.

That way Messi can do another statement and say something more positive.

Money talks. Big money around Messi will talk following that anti-board rant.

Bartomeu could just not give a fuck. Keep him there and then when he goes at the next election, Messi can go for free. He doesn't get the reputation as the man that sold Messi then. Not that he probably cares about that.

I think it is now or never for City. I can't see us getting him on a free next summer because I think Messi will look to stay if a new president comes in. We have to strike now.
Let it go, it's not happening and after the interview with the views of his family and his obvious love of Barca , it's time to move on.

As our own manager ( who knows him as good as anybody) told us months ago, Messi is Barca and should stay there till the end!

The whole saga has felt like a monemumental waste of our time - yes I'm sure we are still on the case with other transfers but there is no denying we have wasted a couple of weeks on this with Pep and all going to Barcelona to try and tie this up.

2 weeks to go and we have replaced Sane and Silva with Torres and not got a right footed CB in yet

We obviously have a great squad but we need to get players embedded for the start to really kick on straight away

Would have loved Messi but it really feels like he has played us like he has with all teams in the last 5 years - he seems to want to leave every year

I'm hoping Bartomeu isn't as stupid as he appears to be and accepts a reasonable sum for Messi to let him go.

That way Messi can do another statement and say something more positive.

Money talks. Big money around Messi will talk following that anti-board rant.

Bartomeu could just not give a fuck. Keep him there and then when he goes at the next election, Messi can go for free. He doesn't get the reputation as the man that sold Messi then. Not that he probably cares about that.

I think it is now or never for City. I can't see us getting him on a free next summer because I think Messi will look to stay if a new president comes in. We have to strike now.

100 %. I am not totally sure we would want a 34 yr old at those wages even on a free + Messi himself may want to stick around for the new president + Xavi possibly coming

Let it go, it's not happening and after the interview with the views of his family and his obvious love of Barca , it's time to move on.

As our own manager ( who knows him as good as anybody) told us months ago, Messi is Barca and should stay there till the end!

The club will not let this go if there's a chance we can get him still. Nothing has changed other than him confirming he will not leave for free.

So why did Pep even bother meeting him then? ;)

So that was the yearly Messi to City threads then . Wow it was fun ! See you all next time, who knows he may even up the fun level and actually send his aircraft to Manchester! Empty of course .

The whole saga has felt like a monemumental waste of our time - yes I'm sure we are still on the case with other transfers but there is no denying we have wasted a couple of weeks on this with Pep and all going to Barcelona to try and tie this up.

2 weeks to go and we have replaced Sane and Silva with Torres and not got a right footed CB in yet

We obviously have a great squad but we need to get players embedded for the start to really kick on straight away

Would have loved Messi but it really feels like he has played us like he has with all teams in the last 5 years - he seems to want to leave every year

Just spent last two weeks in Turkey watching every Tom dick and Raggy pissed off at the thought of Messi coming to City

No waste of time for me

Yes he hasn’t signed for us but it is obvious he wanted/wants to

We have shaken the world without even uttering a word

The club will not let this go if there's a chance we can get him still. Nothing has changed other than him confirming he will not leave for free.
I had serious worries about this deal in terms of Man City, and after that interview, I am certain we don't want him.

Wonderful player, but at 33 coming to the final stages of a glorious career , he should stay with his club, his family should stay in a city they clearly love.

The president will be gone, either unelected or put in jail. Messi is Baca, and always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.