It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatching that video again, properly rather than rushed on the day it was all hoing on, i am totally convinced there is zero chance he leaves barcelona.

I do feel for him, and he has royally beem screwed over, but it seems done, and everything about him seems to have accepted it. I don't speak spanish, so the finesse is lost on me, but between the translation being in past tense, and his tone and body language, all i see is his explanation of how he really felt and what he thought, and where he is now that is over. He isn't saying i want to leave but cant, he is saying i wanted to leave, and won't. other than blasting the club as it is now, there is zero spite or fight there to hang any hopes on. For me.

I think people will look for hints or justification that there is, but i think that is more their own wishful hope than any real meaningful signs.

It is a damn shame, he really did want to leave of that i have no doubt. And i do believe the presumption he wanted to join us, and we wanted him.

But, he didnt want it enough to upset his life and relationship with the fans and name of Barcelona through a court case (however weak by bartomeu), or, we didn't want him enough to bring ourselves into that or have that hassle follow him . Or a combination of both. Either way, i dont see it as an invite for a bid, i dont see it as a challenge to the board or fans, just a good old fashioned clear the air and move on interview.

And i do not see why we Should be the ones to pay a huge fee that barca would persumably set, just so we both avoid the discomfort of their bluff and theat, that fight is either had by messi, or by both messi and us. And he wasn't up for it, whether we are or not is now immaterial.

So for me, it is well and truly over. Next year shmext shmear , so much can change by then, he may find 'happiness' again, we may move on, heck the world itself will be a slightly different place. This was it, and then it wasnt, on we move.

I told you it's coming around again!

Hey TH

Do you think we will put a bid in?

Why hasnt the option of Messi buying out the last year of his contract been explored - and then we repay him by giving him a hefty signing on fee - I wonder if a clause in his contract stops that somehow

Hey TH

Do you think we will put a bid in?

Why hasnt the option of Messi buying out the last year of his contract been explored - and then we repay him by giving him a hefty signing on fee - I wonder if a clause in his contract stops that somehow
Because no club wants to open that can of worms, once done all clubs would suffer.

Messi was convinced we could do it for free and played his cards as strongly as he could, but my contacts have stated this morning that even the video yesterday was part of a plan B strategy.

I expect another power play before this window closes and if Barto is still there, a final negotiation in January involving Garcia.

Messi was actually very smart yesterday, he ticked a lot of boxes - love for Barca, love for his family, wanting to love the remainder of his playing days - even box checking the terrible toll COVID has had on the world.

His entire narrative was an appeal for empathy, wanting to draw people to his struggle.
Really don't see why Barcelona would want him to stay after yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.