It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of people, not just on here, who have misread Messi's reference with regards his own family is quite shocking.

I had a colleague today saying he was staying for his family because he had upset them.

No he didn't, you dick. His family were upset because they had supported his decision to leave.

I was surprised too. Couldn’t have been much clearer but once people have it in their heads. I gave up in the end but some got it.

Well all I can say about the video Messi did is that I much prefer Tolmies music videos

Couldn’t Messi have done a music video instead because a lot of people seem to take what they want out of his video instead of the facts

Messi was convinced we could do it for free and played his cards as strongly as he could, but my contacts have stated this morning that even the video yesterday was part of a plan B strategy.

I expect another power play before this window closes and if Barto is still there, a final negotiation in January involving Garcia.

Messi was actually very smart yesterday, he ticked a lot of boxes - love for Barca, love for his family, wanting to love the remainder of his playing days - even box checking the terrible toll COVID has had on the world.

His entire narrative was an appeal for empathy, wanting to draw people to his struggle.

Really smart almost a master class.

The dummies reaction “he bottled it” and not just on here some YouTube channels too.

So someone mentioned there is a Messi alternative. Does that mean a superstar? Or a 25 goal a season player with assists? Or someone who's gonna cost a club record fee? Or maybe all three.

My guess would be Joao Felix. He's not got Messiesque figures yet but to be fair he's the same age as Foden. He's been playing at the wrong club which hasn't helped. And we allegedly wanted him last year.

Anyone know if Atlético are in financial trouble?

Because they don't need to sell Messi. The fee isn't what's going to save them financially, it's getting his €100m a year off the wage bill. Also, as we’ve seen over the last weeks clearly the board sees selling him as very damaging to their own reputations. Even if they really need to raise funds, the squad still has plenty of value in it, they’d be much more likely to just sell another young player, like they just did with Arthur, than Messi imo.

then they get 100m fee for him say and 100m of the wage bill as you say - thats a big chunk of saving in one go compared to the zero they will getin 12 months time. Their reputations are already in the gutter well before all of this and on top of that their president could be arrested - doesnt get lower than that.

They have just got a couple of their big earners off the wage bill (Rakatic and Suarez - technically he hasnt left yet but he will) - they got nothing for Rakatic at all - they need money coming in

They also desire one of our players (Garcia) - their team as Messi put it himself is full of holes that have just been papered over (how do the other players react to that as well).
Messi himself said they need to let him go for the good of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.