It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but he's not a Kompany or Van Dick, doesn't dominate the air & he's left sided.

Dominant in the air is redundant in our side because the defensive midfielder is the one who contests long balls with the forward, Pep made that change after the massive Everton loss in 2017. The defensive mid challenges the striker, and the 2 CB's drop off to pick up any runners trying to pick up a flicked on header or knock down.

The number of incidents where a City CB has to actually challenge a CB in the air to stop a goal is miniscule. We almost never concede from corners, and Aké is actually like Otamendi, better than a lot of CB's 3 inches taller.

I never have a clue about Tolmie’s videos. If it’s any of Felix, Havertz or I can’t even see this as an option MBAppe the it would be one great window even without another defender coming in.

Dominant in the air is redundant in our side because the defensive midfielder is the one who contests long balls with the forward, Pep made that change after the massive Everton loss in 2017. The defensive mid challenges the striker, and the 2 CB's drop off to pick up any runners trying to pick up a flicked on header or knock down.

The number of incidents where a City CB has to actually challenge a CB in the air to stop a goal is miniscule. We almost never concede from corners, and Aké is actually like Otamendi, better than a lot of CB's 3 inches taller.

Not imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.