It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get whoever is in charge of recruitment for the Women’s team to take over the rest of the club? So far the women’s team have signed 2 World Cup winning US stars and 2 English stars of the Champions League winning Lyon team.

What we urgently need is an orthodox right-sided central defender - Koulibaly is a right-footer who consistently plays on the left.

£70m plus for another suck it and see is a terrible strategy - it was the same last summer going after Maguire who also plays on the left.

Thank fuck we didn't pay that either.

It's not rocket science - sign players for the positions they already play and we need.

Kalidou Koulibaly is a top quality CB who can adapt perfectly. i'm not sure you realise how good he is,?. Don't compare Maguire to him don't be silly Tolmie. You are comparing Stones to Laporte which again is laughable. Stones has been a massive flop and complete waste of money at city.
Its not rocket science mate lets sign Quality players not some average crap like Stones and Denayer. Anyway keep up the good work as an ITK ;);)

In hindsight, we fucked up the minute we paid £50m for him and when we gave Otamendi an extension until 2022.

I never wanted Stones but I think he's been a good member of our squad apart from last season. Otamendi should have been a 1-2 season stop gap whilst we found someone better.

I very much like Ake in that regard but we still need to replace Vincent Kompany, who has been the real heart of the defence even when not playing.

With this in mind, how do you feel about us spending £40m on Ake, if it now means we don't have the funds to address our clear weakness at RCB?

It doesn't though - you can have the money and still retain a realistic valuation of a targeted player.

£40m is nothing, even in the current market downturn. Ake is clearly a support signing to Laporte and can also help out cover at left-back.

Douglas Luiz, i just don’t understand why we haven’t got him back, we wanted him but couldn’t get a work permit,he goes to Villa gets a seasons experience in the premier league and impresses, it’s a no brainer for me.
Think because we still have Fernandinho and Gundogan, another year at villa and if he's looking good bring him back to replace Ferna and Gundogan.

Nothing to suggest we don't have the funds.

Ok. How about the wisdom in spending £40m, on what most would agree is a Laporte/LB back up, when we finished the season with a 19 year old kid playing RCB who doesn't want to be here?

I have nothing against Ake but his signing gives me the same bad feelings that signing Rodri did. We didn't need a CDM, we had Fern and Gundog, who was in his best ever City form at the end of the 18/19 season. We needed a Vinny replacement and instead we signed Rodri and Cancelo. Fast forward 12 months and we still need that Vinny replacement, so what do we do? We sign Ake and then baulk at the asking price of the guy we had identified as our number 1 target for the RCB position. Ake is only a decent signing if we sign our main target as well.

Reports claim that we arw about to send pablo moreno on loan to girona, after bringing him in from juve earlier this summer.

I just don't get that. A)not one of our loans to girona has worked out well for us. b)fucks his club trained and even home grown status up, should he actually turn out to be first team material. C)he is highly rated, been around the Juventus first team last season, had some top clubs after him, and we get him and send him to fucking Girona?

Surely, having a rated promising youngster around, who has had top level involvement elsewhere, with Sergio and Jesus the only two strikers is better than loaning him to girona where he probably won't play anyway like most other loaned players, and will lose the chance to count as home grown . At least a championship team, if he needs to go for experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.