It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Stones is an excellent player, ideally suited to the way we need to play - people buy into narrative - he has his mistakes highlighted simply because he is at one of the best teams in the world and he repeats them.

There isn't a central defender in the world who doesn't commit regular errors.

His biggest issue is his inability to stay fit and avoid knocks. He is also the England whipping boy.

Where were all these people in the media telling us what a worldy Van Dijk was before he moved to Liverpool?

I form my own opinions on players. Let me tell you, sitting in press boxes for 30 years, these people churning out supposed informed critique, know less than jack shit.

Stones is a two-time Premier League champion and will be hitting his peak in the next two years - we paid a premium for that privilege.

Now is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water when we would have our pants pulled down on price.

Pep needs to grab him by the bollocks and give him a confidence boost.

Nobody is going to tell me that Eric fucking Garcia is a better player.
I also believe playing gor City he gets a good slagging whether he has a great game or not

Stones has everything in his locker bar the private stuff going on & his head not on it the kid has everything

Staying fit & sorting his life style out he can become the player most of us know

I hope he stays & agree Garcia isn't half as good as Stones

Kalidou Koulibaly is a top quality CB who can adapt perfectly. i'm not sure you realise how good he is,?. Don't compare Maguire to him don't be silly Tolmie. You are comparing Stones to Laporte which again is laughable. Stones has been a massive flop and complete waste of money at city.
Its not rocket science mate lets sign Quality players not some average crap like Stones and Denayer. Anyway keep up the good work as an ITK ;);)

I have watched him have three very good games against Liverpool. I've also seen him play a number of games for both club and country where KK has absolutely stank the place out and looks no better than Mangala (all in preferred left-sided slot)

You can argue he can adapt perfectly to playing on the right but there is no actual consistent evidence for it, rather than the fact he is right footed?

Otamendi is right-footed but only really looks 'comfortable' playing on the left hand side of a two.

KK has got better on here as the weeks have gone by.

I'd like to see more orthodox alternatives but everybody only seems to have a couple of raw or untested names to put forward?

What?...

Mate, nothing in the world suggests that. He had one good season out of the four years he has been here. One. He racked up mistakes over the years and he never seem to learn from them either. He has a weak mentality, he doesn’t look well, there’s no fighting in him.

Stones is 26 years old and you have guys like Upamecano and De Ligt who’s 4-6 years younger and already proved to be better. We’re waiting for something that will never happen. You just don’t turn 26 overnight and suddenly become a master of reading the game, add physicality to your game and become more aware defensively.
This is probably as good as it gets and it seems it’s not enough for Pep.

We know City wanted to extend with Eric Garcia. We know City are after Koulibaly, and we’ve just signed Aké.
That gives us 2 rightsided and 2 leftsided CBs with Laporte included here.

We also know 35-year old CDM Fernandinho and a 19-year old Garcia comes ahead of Stones in the pecking order. If Stones had any signs of becoming world class and shown glimpses of it, then these two guys would not start ahead of a fit Stones, and we’d have a ton of clubs after him, which we don’t.

There’s nothing world class about John Stones.

Lothar would disagree. All before his injuries and off-field issues.

I also believe playing gor City he gets a good slagging whether he has a great game or not

Stones has everything in his locker bar the private stuff going on & his head not on it the kid has everything

Staying fit & sorting his life style out he can become the player most of us know

He was bog average in his last season at Everton. Hugely overhyped as an English centre back who could control the ball. Always baffles me when people say he’s got everything? My question would be what has he actually got and what does he excel at? No pace,great strength, average in the air, no left foot, reading of the game is questionable considering how often he’s out of position and not a leader.

This ball playing centre half tag he has is also a myth. How often have you seen him ping a great 50 yard pass or take the ball 40 yards when he’s got space? Decent touch undeniably and king of the 20 yard square pass. Average “young”John.

Again, I think the exact opposite is true.

You first said our interest was solid about two months ago and every response was an excited one. I even commented to say that you know a player is good when we're linked and none of the usuals show up to complain. I'm pretty sure you even expressed your delight at the news.

Compare it to now and the difference is pretty evident.

I have watched him have three very good games against Liverpool. I've also seen him play a number of games for both club and country where KK has absolutely stank the place out and looks no better than Mangala (all in preferred left-sided slot)

You can argue he can adapt perfectly to playing on the right but there is no actual consistent evidence for it, rather than the fact he is right footed?

Otamendi is right-footed but only really looks 'comfortable' playing on the left hand side of a two.

I'd like to see more orthodox alternatives but everybody only seems to have a couple of raw or untested names to put forward?

Absolutely Bang on!

You will be correct, but that is just another factor highlighting why transfer business can't be cut and dried. Garcia is now deadwood and needs to be yarded for the best price we can get.

Not sure what Ake is classed as after being at Chelsea as a kid?
Aké is homegrown

I'd have no issue with Stones staying, hopefully the kid can get over his issues and back in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.