It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not how I remeber that game going down. That mouthy prick spent all game on Harwood Bellis because he didn't have the bottle to play against Stones. Harwood Bellis got beaten for the goal. The only time Pope went up against Stones he ended up on the ground and Stones had the ball.

It might be a harsh recollection, but he didn't come out of the game with anyone thinking Pope had been taught a lesson.

Alaba is available, he wants to play in midfield why don't we let him, he plays CDM for Austria and he's very good there

He's a very similar player to Ake in a versatile sense - Ake's rumoured to have been bought to play LCB, LB and DM. The Alaba ship sailed as soon as we signed him.

Stones was great for England then and I think he would still look great playing in the team because England don't play a high line like we do. There are plenty of good centre backs out there who would suddenly look very average if playing for us.
That’s the key, fitting our system, very, very few centre backs could play in our system and Pep won’t compromise on the high line, we have a very limted choice of personnel to chose from, i think Koulibaly is the prefered option because he has the pace and physicality and has played the system regularly under Sarri but he’s far from perfect but the best option out there.

That’s the key, fitting our system, very, very few centre backs could play in our system and Pep won’t compromise on the high line, we have a very limted choice of personnel to chose from, i think Koulibaly is the prefered option because he has the pace and physicality and has played the system regularly under Sarri but he’s far from perfect but the best option out there.
Very much this. Top that with experience and his profile becomes more rare. No option on the market matches that.

If it wasn't for that clown Raiola maybe we would have managed to lure De Ligt, unfortunately not on the market now, and has a release clause of €150m. Set as Juve's future. Shame because him and Laporte is perfection.

Maybe not, but I guarantee Pep wouldn't have been happy if Stones had allowed himself to be drawn out of shape just to battle with a journeyman striker.
That game showed Stone's weakness so much.

The journeyman took the piss pre, during and after the game, and Johnny just stood there and took it, not a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.