It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
true but debt is debt? If Bartomeu walks now he’s liable I assume but if voted out he isn’t? Without question Barças finances are fucked and if city offered money this window anyone in their right mind takes it imo

Jesus Gil was another example of a terrible La Liga club president who didn't give a shit and did things his way, didn't listen to reason and went to prison.

That was when Messi was still being talked of in terms of a free transfer. It’s now established that Messi won’t go to court and Barca would get a fee; that’s what the recent toing and froing was all about. Somehow it’s become accepted on here that Bartomeu doesn’t want to be seen as the one who sold Messi, when previously it wasn’t about that.

Now it’s about money, who knows, could still be mileage in it.

Messi wanted a friendly exit, that's what his entourage briefed the media. Jorge Messi didn't approach Bartomeu to be granted a free exit out of Barcelona. According to all reports, he wanted to find an amicable solution out of Barcelona which was negotiated exit. Bartomeu refused.

I don't see anything more to this story, there was no negotiation. It was 700m or court, Messi didn't want to go court and City won't pay that.

true but debt is debt? If Bartomeu walks now he’s liable I assume but if voted out he isn’t? Without question Barças finances are fucked and if city offered money this window anyone in their right mind takes it imo

He is still liable if he gets voted out, but he loses the power to right the ship before he officially leaves in June/July.

There's 2 things that make me think the vote is a bit of red herring

1) All that happens is one of his lackeys takes over.
2) If this 15th September vote is successful, it just leads to a full vote, where they need two thirds of the 160,000 socios to vote Bartomeu out. That's incredibly unlikely to happen unless Messi goes or Bartomeu gets arrested for these fraud charges being brought against him.

Messi wanted a friendly exit, that's what his entourage briefed the media. Jorge Messi didn't approach Bartomeu to be granted a free exit out of Barcelona. According to all reports, he wanted to find an amicable solution out of Barcelona which was negotiated exit. Bartomeu refused.

I don't see anything more to this story, there was no negotiation. It was 700m or court, Messi didn't want to go court and City won't pay that.
It’ll all come out soon enough whether it was Messi putting pressure on the board or about a transfer fee, but saying the earlier negotiations had nothing to do with a free transfer a highly likely to be wide of the mark. Of course that will have been discussed, after all, it was in the contract and it was mentioned in the statement put out by Jorge, before the interview, that Messi was in the right on the free transfer if they’d pushed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.