It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my whole question. The 'professionals'.

What are our criteria for trusting them ?

Do you think we should have already replaced those players, or unlike me, were you not thinking of it years ago & have just notuced now ?

If, like me, you have known for years that we would need to replace them, is it good enough, that after all this time we still haven't done so ?
Neither you or I really know the efforts that our club are making .Neither you or I know what our objectives in the market are.
So I can't get worked up about measuring our relative success in the market.
I realised many years ago that what had been happening on the pitch was light years away from what I understood.
The team will change in style over time whoes to say that replacements are needed?
Not going to fall out with you over it though

The more I think about it, the more I think we need a striker even if its short term. If Aguero gets injured again, all we have is Jesus the pressure he would be under would be insane. If people reply with Delap yes he's special looks amazing but he's 17 do you think pep will put that responsibility on a 17 year old.
There ha been talk of 2 players to come in, I've always assumed one was a centre back, the other if not Messi then a Messi alternative that can play in any forward position and be a true false 9. Still think we will but who the Messi alternative could be I've not the faintest idea.

Is he really that much worse than the rest?

I find him one of the most annoying, loathesome characters personally. But not only that, the number of times he has ignored Gabriel Jesus or ruined moves for Brazil, insisting on wanting to do it all himself, has me pulling my hair out. Same watching him play for PSG v a team I don't like.

I personally hate watching him, full stop.

I don't get how he can show his desire? He helped his team to a CL final, did all he could in the league, what more can he do? There's professionals like Gareth Bale sitting doing fuck all but some rate him because he's won it all so what? He can relax and golf all he wants! As I said, the social media has ruined our perception of some players, that is all. It does not mean they aren't committed or not having the desire to compete at top level.
Because he plays in a league where he is going through the motions, he can play in that league on autopilot.

He is far too good for that.

Why did he go to PSG? Money No1.

Why would the board criticize him for playing young players?

Pep is the problem, he wants results, he wants trophies, he will not risk playing kids.
Mate no team can actually win Premier League playing kids. Max 1 or two, Trent is an anomaly if someone says Liverpool. Aside one or two rare cases it is impossible to win this league without experience and proper quality.

Mate no team can actually win Premier League playing kids. Max 1 or two, Trent is an anomaly if someone says Liverpool. Aside one or two rare cases it is impossible to win this league without experience and proper quality.
Agreed but this season especially, we should be playing kids only or players returning from injury in the league cup.

Sometimes kids need a chance, and they can show they are good enough and have what it takes. The league cup is a perfect competition for that opportunity.

Neither you or I really know the efforts that our club are making .Neither you or I know what our objectives in the market are.
So I can't get worked up about measuring our relative success in the market.
I realised many years ago that what had been happening on the pitch was light years away from what I understood.
The team will change in style over time whoes to say that replacements are needed?
Not going to fall out with you over it though

Not falling out, just asking the question.

I don't think there is any football genius in not replacing Kompany. I just think they haven't been able to do it.

They also allowed Virgil Van Dyke to go from Celtic to Southampton, when he was playing next to one of our players.

I don't think they have been good, on the back half of the team.

Why would the board criticize him for playing young players?

Pep is the problem, he wants results, he wants trophies, he will not risk playing kids.

I mean if he plays them. We lose and players like mahrez and gundo are left on bench or at home

We agree. I dont blame pep though, his legacy is/will be trophies, not giving foden (or similar) his debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.