It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naymar isn't on any level Ronaldo & Messi have reached in there footballling life
Even at Naymars age both above were doing it week in week out in Europe & in League or leagues
Add to the list Naymer is a cheating cnut & lying cnut & selfish cnut
Yes he is a top player but please don't tell me he's on any level those 2 have reached not a fucking chance
Neymar won Barça the CL under Lucho, he will never be Messi nor Ronaldo but he, as you said, is a top player. The selfish/cheat claim is just blind hate bandwagoning because some twitter folk think he dives but doesn't score (amongst other names).

We have brought in a lot of players from abroad, unsuitable physically for PL football, over the last 10 years. No idea who is responsible.

There doesn't seem to be any consistent reasoning behind the way we use the young players either.

I have no problem with signing foreign young players developing them and selling for a profit. Its what keeps us ffp compliant (without having to reign back spending or wages). If you do, you’ll also need to sign the type of player a foreign team may want and often that isn’t a prem style player.

But the knock on is that the local/english lads get squeezed out at a younger age and the later developers dont get their chance.

Other than foden, none of the academy players we’ve had long term have done anything noteworthy or been sold for anything substantial. THB may change that but its a huge if.

Its easy to sign a player at 16 and finish their development and ship for a profit. But we have been extremely poor at properly developing a premier league player. Meanwhile most other top teams are creating 1 or 2 per season.

I assume its not a major target for the academy, but I’d like it to be.

Why is there so much hate towards him.....?
No one will actually tell you because there is none. Just word of mouth gets around and his rep got worse, now everyone you ask is an expert on Neymar calling him a **** when they barely watch him play in the so called poor league which has embarrassed us twice in CL quarterfinals.

The more I think about it, the more I think we need a striker even if its short term. If Aguero gets injured again, all we have is Jesus the pressure he would be under would be insane. If people reply with Delap yes he's special looks amazing but he's 17 do you think pep will put that responsibility on a 17 year old.

Neymar won Barça the CL under Lucho, he will never be Messi nor Ronaldo but he, as you said, is a top player. The selfish/cheat claim is just blind hate bandwagoning because some twitter folk think he dives but doesn't score (amongst other names).
That's the issue , he is a top player, but he could and there is an argument he should be the best player in the world now.

Ronaldo and Messi are past their best, but Neymar has not taken the mantle.

Nothing to do with ability, he is outstanding but not got the desire week in week out.

And yet we lost 9 league games, an FA Cup semi final and a CL quarter final last season so playing the proven internationals turned out to be a big risk as well.

But it allows Pep to argue he did everything he could. Soon as he puts kids in voluntarily over experienced pros he opens himself to criticism from the board if it doesnt pay off.
His job seems bullet proof anyway, but the principal remains true

The more I think about it, the more I think we need a striker even if its short term. If Aguero gets injured again, all we have is Jesus the pressure he would be under would be insane. If people reply with Delap yes he's special looks amazing but he's 17 do you think pep will put that responsibility on a 17 year old.
Can't wait for false 9's starting every game with Jesus in bad form and just passing about to each other.

But it allows Pep to argue he did everything he could. Soon as he puts kids in voluntarily over experienced pros he opens himself to criticism from the board if it doesnt pay off.
His job seems bullet proof anyway, but the principal remains true
Why would the board criticize him for playing young players?

Pep is the problem, he wants results, he wants trophies, he will not risk playing kids.

That's the issue , he is a top player, but he could and there is an argument he should be the best player in the world now.

Ronaldo and Messi are past their best, but Neymar has not taken the mantle.

Nothing to do with ability, he is outstanding but not got the desire week in week out.
I don't get how he can show his desire? He helped his team to a CL final, did all he could in the league, what more can he do? There's professionals like Gareth Bale sitting doing fuck all but some rate him because he's won it all so what? He can relax and golf all he wants! As I said, the social media has ruined our perception of some players, that is all. It does not mean they aren't committed or not having the desire to compete at top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.