It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what all the worrying is about, with our season start five days away, we've just launched a podcast FFS.

The players brought in are potential only, and will either make it with us or be sold for a profit. Not rocket science the business model.

How they transition is the hard bit, but again fairly simple, they need to be bloody good and have a bit of luck.
The problem lies with no opportunities to play against men, which is a huge step up regardless of how talented you are.

I agree, but quite a few of the players we have brought in, would be even further away from it, if they played against 'men'.

It was as if, 'small or small ish, not too quick, not physically strong, no tackling or heading neat & tidy on the ball but limited goal threat' was a prerequisite for half the signings.

I recon if the goal is to sell young players on, then it could have been done a lot better.

I also think that's utterly wrong, if that is the case. Players at City, should be for City, end of.

It's really, really quiet, isn't it?

Yep. I’m trying to remember if we’ve had a similar period in a transfer window before.
One thing’s for certain, they seem to keep a lot of what’s happening close to their chest. I think the management are working their ass off, just quietly.

Fabrizio yesterday confirmed talks with Napoli are still on, but we seem too far apart for a deal to happen anytime soon. Koulibaly won’t accept staying in this limbo for another three weeks, he probably wants clarity about his future and soon.

I think and I hope a leftback is joining our new CB as well. Telles or Tagliafico would give us additional options. We can’t go into another season with just an injury prone Mendy and then a bunch of random players ”who could play LB”, that would be fucking criminal.

Yep. I’m trying to remember if we’ve had a similar period in a transfer window before.
One thing’s for certain, they seem to keep a lot of what’s happening close to their chest. I think the management are working their ass off, just quietly.

Fabrizio yesterday confirmed talks with Napoli are still on, but we seem too far apart for a deal to happen anytime soon. Koulibaly won’t accept staying in this limbo for another three weeks, he probably wants clarity about his future and soon.

I think and I hope a leftback is joining our new CB as well. Telles or Tagliafico would give us additional options. We can’t go into another season with just an injury prone Mendy and then a bunch of random players ”who could play LB”, that would be fucking criminal.

more annoyingly the rags are close to getting reguilon for a cheap price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.