It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, in my view. There are very few players in world football who do not need complementary players around them.

Possibly.

Fernandinho didn't, however.

It's why the drop off in quality between him and the others is so stark.

I agree the team needs an energetic defensive midfielder.

Gundo and Rodri are a weak link in the squad.

However Nakamba is playing against Burton Albion. Let's wait for sterner opposition before praising him.
Rodri is class he might lack pace but his quality isnt in doubt.

Possibly.

Fernandinho didn't, however.

It's why the drop off in quality between him and the others is so stark.

He has been a phenomenal player and an absolute legend. It is too early to judge Rodri - it takes most players a season to adapt and he has an entirely different skill set to Fern in the same way as KDB has to DS. Fern was also a pretty unique player and a direct replacement is nigh on impossible, just as it was for Yaya but we were just as successful without him.

Not at all, in my view. There are very few players in world football who do not need complementary players around them.

But we're literally asking for players to *cover* another player's weaknesses. It's not the same as just having complimentary players, it's a fundamental weakness in the centre of the team

But we're literally asking for players to *cover* another player's weaknesses. It's not the same as just having complimentary players, it's a fundamental weakness in the centre of the team

Very, very few players are 'complete'. We can view it as a weakness or, as I recall Gerard Houllier saying, a blend of strengths. If we play DS, Gundo and Rodri in a midfield 3, it is pretty clear that we have a weakness to a counter-attacking pace based team. Each player has massive quality but they do not complement each other. Play Rodri, BS and KDB and the difference is vast.

Playing someone alongside Rodri is a waste.
One of our best features has been having “two number tens”

Precisely. What needs to happen for me is that Gundo and Aguero need to not be in the front 5 so that the press is of sufficient intensity to not leave him exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.