It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but I can’t imagine we’re there already. Most of our players still look up to him as one of the best in the world, that’s the impression I get when reading what the players say.

I know, I can’t really decide. It’s impossible to figure out how Napoli is dealing with this. If they won’t move an inch away from 75m, I think the club is just waiting. Napoli has probably set a deadline day for this transfer and there will probably be a call from Koulibalys agent ”75m, take it or he’s off the market by tomorrow”. In that case I think we will pay.
I got the sense at the end of last season some players were starting to wonder about tactics etc.

The Lyon game was a major issue, let's see the response in the weeks ahead.

I was expecting the club to make significant changes to the squad this summer, to freshen things up and for Pep to have new players to work with. At this moment that does not look to be happening.

Is it down to finance (covid) or other factors, maybe uncertainty about Pep's future beyond this season?

Off topic, I know, but I was thinking about this the other day. Am I right in thinking that in 2011-12 he didn't miss a single match through injury? (That's certainly my impression, but it's a bit hazy). And am I also right in thinking that in virtually every other season since then, he has spent considerable periods (i.e. four-eight weeks) out in every one of them? It really does make you think — because how many goals would he have scored without that injury record?

Sergio without injuries? You could potentially be talking about the greatest ever goal scorer to grace the league. I am not sure exactly how long he was injured for each season. The weeks you have mentioned do sound reasonable tho.

Because if Suarez leaves, Barcelona get €20m off the wage bill and can afford to keep Messi's wages and buy new players.

If Suarez stays they are financially fucked, can't buy anyone new and might succumb to a bid for Messi to sort everything out.

The evil midget strikes again. So manipulative and scheeming, that Messi fella.

Natives are getting a bit restless it seems.
I’m sure we will be good to go on Monday, we are a half decent side on our day...

It's easy to forget that despite the flaws, with Laporte fit and another winger to stop Sterling being run into the ground we would have been up past 90 points anyway.

Christ, just having Foden in his post lockdown form from the beginning of the season would have made a huge difference.

7 clean sheets in our 10 PL games post lockdown. Currently on a 5 game winning streak.

I'm convinced more business will be done, but I also believe the reason it's slow is because the major problems have already been addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.