It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are in transition. Kompany gone, Silva too. Fernandinho and Aguero are in their last season.

City have a group of very talented young players: Garcia, Harwood Bellis, Doyle, Foden, Bernabe and we've added Torres and Ake to that group but if we are going to challenge for the title I think we need a right-sided central defender. Garcia and Harwood-Bellis were the young central defenders coming through. But we learned at the end of last Summer that Garcia wanted to go to Barcelona. That meant that we absolutely needed a right-sided central defender. That is all we had to do.

I thought we had identified Koulibaly as the man so it's been frustrating to see City struggle. If City had concerns about the fee, or his age, then prepare other targets, and don't wait for the final weeks of the season to looka round when your main target looks awkward.

Last edited:
555a39decc1290b0ea2b1772944c51af.gif
That joke is on you mate. There was one task that should have been pre-occupying City for 12 months. Find a right-sided central defender. Where is that signing? We play Wolves on Monday and the window shuts in two weeks.

Liverpool have just completed the Jota deal from wolves 45m and Aguero is our for 1-2 months with no signings in sight for us.

Shambles. Liverpool won the league by 20 plus points last season and are significantly stronger this with the signings whist we are actually weaker.

Couldn’t make it up. Only time during Mansour era I feel we are lacking in ambition.

Significantly stronger, be real, they’ve signed Thaigo, Jota and a backup LB. They’ve improved but they haven’t signed any marquee players, question marks if Thaigo can even adapt to the PL and stay fit. They were in for Werner who would have challenged Firmino for the starting spot but instead signed Jota who will be glued to the bench.

We’re weaker? Sané was out all of last season, now we have Torres and he actually works hard off the ball. Laporte is back fit and we’ve added Ake who is immediately better than Stones and Otamendi. We’ve improved. A top class CB and it’ll be a great window for us.

That joke is on you mate. There was one task that should have been pre-occupying City for 12 months. Find a right-sided central defender. Where is that signing? We play Wolves on Monday and the window shuts in two weeks.

at times we come across as quite arrogant imo. Due to COVID, it seems we are just expecting ADL to come running to us offering us Koulibaly at a discounted price because he has to? This deal should have been the first one done! If we were sat here two weeks ago with Koulibaly , Ake and Torres signed the mood in here would be different.

I want to continue winning titles, dominating the Premier league.

Like it or not the scousers have got together a great side and the others are starting to rebuild, especially Chelsea, we are stagnating and in many ways going backwards.

We used to get our transfer business done early, get the players settled and ready before the start of the season

We now spend all summer negotiating for our major targets and the negotiations fail, why is that? what's the change?

Nothing to do with wanting shiny new things, it's wanting to keep improving, to keep winning.

And looking at our manager in his first press conference of the season, does not fill anyone with confidence!

I don’t understand how the club decided to not sign a striker when our number 1 is potentially out until mid to late November. Absolutely crazy to rely on Jesus to fill a role which he has been incapable of doing so for the past two years. I can’t see this Jesus being born again as a competent finisher, so the recent news is extremely concerning.

Why we haven’t signed a RCB is another mystery. We needed one last year and we still haven’t got one. Another season of Otamendi and Stones. Can’t wait to see fucking Traore bully one of them again.

Yeah I agree with the more apprehensive people here. The fact that we are going into our first game against a side we've been struggling against without a RCB (which has been our main target) is concerning. It should've been our first concern. That position has cost us 2 trophies. The striker issue is also there, but I think we are good at getting the goals when we are sturdy at the back.

What in laughing at is just how over the top that post is.

The transfer window has been a disaster!
Pep will leave next season!

Sane didn't play at all last season and we have bought Torres.

Silva as much as it pains me to say it was not the player he once was but we have enough cover in midfield.

We have 3 right sided centre backs in the first team and one of them will play along side Ake on Monday night. Now the are any of them good enough to start in this side is another question.

But surely you can see how over the top that post is

Yeah I genuinely do.

We scored the most goals and always do, with or without Aguero as it’s down to the system.

We conceded 2 more than Liverpool.

We are are stronger than last season and I personally think other teams strengthening helps City rather than hindering us. Last season, very few clubs took points from Liverpool which was part of the system and reason behind the 18 points gap. The more teams that can actually take them on, the better.
City have a fundamental weakness at right sided centre-back that isn't going away.

Maybe the plan is to play re-habilitate Stones and give him a long run there but last season he was City's invisible man. It is hard to see him coming in from the cold.

I don’t understand how the club decided to not sign a striker when our number 1 is potentially out until mid to late November. Absolutely crazy to rely on Jesus to fill a role which he has been incapable of doing so for the past two years. I can’t see this Jesus being born again as a competent finisher, so the recent news is extremely concerning.

Why we haven’t signed a RCB is another mystery. We needed one last year and we still haven’t got one. Another season of Otamendi and Stones. Can’t wait to see fucking Traore bully one of them again.

Jesus is incapable and has shown it for two years - WOW!

There's a real opportunity for Delap to get a bit of game time if Pep places some trust in him. No reason why he shouldn't get some cup minutes.

I know I'm still fair too optimistic about our academy lads chances and Sterling will just play there, but we should be giving him a real shot this season given our striker situation.

I agree, give Delap a start against Bournemouth. He’s been scoring a lot of goals and deserves a chance. Jesus will need the rest after Wolves. Delap might surprise everyone or might be invisible in that case you sub him off after 60 min. We’re not going to lose because of him so it’s a low risk strategy. He might be electric and score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.