Stones/Otamendi/Garcia
Mendy/Zinchenko

Rodri/Fernandinho
De Bruyne/Gundogan
Bernardo/Foden

Sterling/Braaf
Aguero/Jesus/Delap
Mahrez/Torres

I did what you asked and I think there are obvious weak areas and areas of risk. We are not strong at CB. Stones and Otamendi both have real issues. Garcia doesn't want to be here. Left back another are without an in form, injury free player. Yes I know that Cancelo can play there but the squad depth is far from strong in that position.

We have yet to find a solution at DM that matches Fern in his prime. Both Rodri and Gundo are slow. Maybe Rodri will have a breakout season this season. I really hope so but I would contend that we are adequate in that position, not strong. In Kev we have the best midfielder in the world. That is real strength but without him who would we rely on to get high teen assists in AM? Foden? Good as he is he is still relatively unproven over a season. Berny, maybe the player of 2018/19 but not the 19/20 version.

We have strength up front with a fit Kun, but its a worry that Pep is talking a couple of months. I would like to see his successor in place this season.

We are suffering from the ageing and loss of our superstars who have not been replaced. Zab > Walker, Kompany >any of our current CB's as a player and a leader, Fern>Rodri/Gund, Silva>anyone other than Kev, Aguero > Gabby.

I dont think we have a squad that will win the PL or the CL this season. I think the squad needs strengthening at CB, LFB, DM, AM, Striker.

I think if thats it for this close season we will actually move backwards again. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool all look to strengthened more than us. What might change that are how well Torres and Foden step up.

I think the reality is we should have said goodbye to Dinho and Signed Aouar.
We should be getting rid off Nico, Garcia and Zinchenko and signing which ever right centre back we choose to fight with Stones for a place and maybe Ait noori as a young backup for LB.
I would feel a lot better about the season ahead then.

Next season would be replace Gundo with Douglas Luiz and replace Kun.

All the kids think they are Sancho and will do better elsewhere.
He isnt a kid though. Hes what, 23? Been farmed out on loan his whole city career and suddenly we expect him to sit on the bench for most of the season. His career will pass him by and he will have nothing but regrets. Fair play to him for wanting to play first team football as he wasnt getting that here.

He isnt a kid though. Hes what, 23? Been farmed out on loan his whole city career and suddenly we expect him to sit on the bench for most of the season. His career will pass him by and he will have nothing but regrets. Fair play to him for wanting to play first team football as he wasnt getting that here.
Fair point, I thought he was younger.

So we finished 20 points behind Liverpool, we lost to Lyon and Arsenal in the Champions League and EA Cup and in addition David Silva and Sane left . Oh I forgot, Liverpool have signed Thiago - one of the best midfielders in the world and the guy from Wolves. We signed Ake and Torres. Can Ake and Torres close a 20-point gap? of course not. I'm so disappointed with this summer. Two days before the start of our season we have no right CB , no real left-back, no striker as kun injured and start his last year contract, no midfielder. Next year Pep may leave and we will need at least two years to build a proper squad again. We were so busy with Messi and made every possible mistake.

Didn’t we start the window expecting 4 or 5 incomings? I seem to recall Pep suggesting such in a press conference towards the end of last season. The early signs were that we were going to embark on refreshing the squad.

The fact you question why we used to sign players early in the window and no longer don't, wanting to know what has change simply highlights your ignorance surrounding transfers.
Yes of course it does, take off the blue glasses, their is loyalty and blind loyalty.

There is something not right this summer, that was totally clear looking at Pep yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.