It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake is more than cover

He was captain at Bournmouth - he is a leader

Pep has said he will use him potentially in 2 positions (the other being left back)

Ake himself has said he has been working with city coaching staff on 3 positions - the other being defensive midfield.

I think we may see more of him than you realise and for me that is a good thing - he is a very good defender and may even push Laporte for a starting spot at centre half.

He brings possibilities in that he can playa. variety of positions.

Torres replaces Sane who didnt pay all last season and didnt want to be here - that is an automatic improvement!

I think Ake will be the best signing this season. Far better than most making out.

Exactly. Have to say the new breed of flappers that have emerged of late take flapping to a new level
I have a feeling half of the flappers are fans from other teams masquerading as city fans and half are the new breed of fans we've accumulated who want blood if we don't win 5-0 every week.

You post Marv as if transfers to a club like ours are simple transactions. Yes, we would like Txiki to go and secure our top targets in good time for the season, but I refuse to join the bandwagon that has appeared mainly this season, blaming him and the club for not being able to achieve that.

If you have hard evidence (not conjecture) to suggest Txiki et al have been incompetent, I'm sure me and many others would love to read it
My evidence is the squad for the Wolves game 3 windows after Kompany retired. We are not MCFC of 1990,we are one of the biggest clubs in the world with the finance to bring in who we want.

It is definitely affecting my enjoyment of the forum. We have ten years of unbroken success and record-breaking behind us - the very best of times. I'm 51 and born in Moss Side so I have witnessed many shit times. It does not make me any more qualified to comment and yes, these are different times that we should try to build upon but I will only compare two things: we have bought Ake and Torres and Liverpool have bought Tiago and Jota. For me, there is little difference but if you read this thread, they are doing incredible business and ours is shit. Neither is true. In addition, Torres replaces a player that was injured for the whole season. Laporte and Mendy were also out for lengthy periods.

I don't know whether the hysteria is new fans or old fans but I know that it is not the response of the type of fan I grew up with, associated with my club, or cried on the terraces with.
It's got me thinking of taking a little break until we are at least playing some games.

I think Ake will be the best signing this season. Far better than most making out.
There's no criticism of Ake. He is a very left-sided player. We might have to rely on him playing as a right centre-back.

I guess we are better off than last season but really this should have been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.