It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is definitely affecting my enjoyment of the forum. We have ten years of unbroken success and record-breaking behind us - the very best of times. I'm 51 and born in Moss Side so I have witnessed many shit times. It does not make me any more qualified to comment and yes, these are different times that we should try to build upon but I will only compare two things: we have bought Ake and Torres and Liverpool have bought Tiago and Jota. For me, there is little difference but if you read this thread, they are doing incredible business and ours is shit. Neither is true. In addition, Torres replaces a player that was injured for the whole season. Laporte and Mendy were also out for lengthy periods.

I don't know whether the hysteria is new fans or old fans but I know that it is not the response of the type of fan I grew up with, associated with my club, or cried on the terraces with.
AMEN

We can’t plan a season on a CB being out for (maybe) 2 weeks. I’ve heard nothing that Aguero is out for 4-6, I thought he was due back? Your assessment of Stones and Otamendi sounds at least ungrateful and that of Jesus is worse.

Our first few games against the mighty Wolves, Leicester and Leeds don’t fill me with dread either, but each to his own.

Don’t give much of a fuck about the signings, trust the club to do the business.
2 months Aguero if reports are true

It is definitely affecting my enjoyment of the forum. We have ten years of unbroken success and record-breaking behind us - the very best of times. I'm 51 and born in Moss Side so I have witnessed many shit times. It does not make me any more qualified to comment and yes, these are different times that we should try to build upon but I will only compare two things: we have bought Ake and Torres and Liverpool have bought Tiago and Jota. For me, there is little difference but if you read this thread, they are doing incredible business and ours is shit. Neither is true. In addition, Torres replaces a player that was injured for the whole season. Laporte and Mendy were also out for lengthy periods.

I don't know whether the hysteria is new fans or old fans but I know that it is not the response of the type of fan I grew up with, associated with my club, or cried on the terraces with.
Like Like Like.

Your last paragraph nails it.

It's not a good window right now. I really didn't like guardiola going into this season with 1 year left and seeing as we've just decided to ignore that issue seemingly it also looks like we're set to miss on our top 2 targets again, which would have been messi and koulibaly. The Koulibaly one is particularly grating because its yet again city refusing to pay an asking price and being too desperate to 'win the deal' rather than just going and getting the player. Too many instances of that in recent windows and its hurting not helping the club.

There are legitimate questions to be asked about recent transfer windows.

Kompany is now long gone. Garcia who was our best internal candidate to replace him wants to go. That raises obvious questions. You might well be able to refute such questions. If you can, please make a better attempt than throw-away one-liners because no City fan wants to feel bad about their team on the verge of the new season.

If you rewind 12 months ago we were just coming to terms with Maguire going to Man Utd and were just about reconciled to it, but none of us would have thought that in 12 months time we would still be discussing this issue. This is a failure of management.

You post Marv as if transfers to a club like ours are simple transactions. Yes, we would like Txiki to go and secure our top targets in good time for the season, but I refuse to join the bandwagon that has appeared mainly this season, blaming him and the club for not being able to achieve that.

If you have hard evidence (not conjecture) to suggest Txiki et al have been incompetent, I'm sure me and many others would love to read it

Absolutely nail on head mate. And loved the ref to Moss Side :)

So your saying all four of them are not good enough to start a premier league game?

I'm saying that Stones, Garcia & Otamendi cannot be trusted to start a PL game based on their performances from last season. Fernandinho borderline.

Fernandinho next to Ake ? Corners ? Set pieces ? Garcia next to Ake ? Long balls, offside fuckups, pace down Garcia's side, corners, set pieces? Otamendi next to Ake? #nutcase.

Stones next to Ake ? Which Stones do we get ?

If all of them have improved in the last month or so, less of a problem.

But I think it's likely we need to score a few & hope Wolves have an off day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.