It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its nothing to do with blue specs, its about being able to react to what is fact and what is perceived. You said pep looked really pissed off at his prezzer yesterday and have assumed that to be transfer or club related
You would have thought by now that City fans would have latched onto the fact that Pep hates pre match interviews but moreso hates the fucking media.Hence his usual pissed off looks at these specific times.

I think Ake will be the best signing this season. Far better than most making out.

agreed

soild defender - despite his lack of height he is good in the air (and aerially we havent suffered as much as in the past) - damn sight quicker than most of our back 4 (except Walker) and is a natural leader (something I dont think, as good as Laporte has been, is).

The football director is tasked with maintaining the continuity of the playing squad. I can't give you the inside track of what players we scouted, what offers were made etc but I can see that the captain of this side has not been replaced, and that's all I need to show. You're asking for blind faith, I ask for deliverables. If they can't produce they will be fired.

We can all see Vinny has not been replaced, and even admitting you dont know what happened behind the scenes, you still expect the club to fire someone because he hasn't

You claim I dont add much to the debate, but in all honesty, you over little other than there needs to be a blame culture and heads should roll without even knowing who is to blame.

Really?

Because as you know, this was supposed to be the 'rebuild' transfer window & we have needed certain players, for years.

Some choose to ignore it, some grumble about it, some panic about it.

But it should be better for the season start & people get paid a lot of money to make it so.

We would be criticising Ed Woodward on here, if he had so far still not signed a right sided cb, having 3 years' warning, to find one.

But you are criticising before knowing the final outcome - there are two weeks left of the transfer window.....then is the time for assessment and critical analysis (in part) and then after that nce the team has bedded in (10 games in or so?)
Also you nor anyone on here know exactly how hard the management/club are workign on transfers....

Some people (not you) act like Txixi et al are sat in their office with their feet up watching SSN everyday while drinking coffee - Pep himself said yesterday he knows how hard the club are working behind the scenes

View attachment 2614

Fuck me marv chill out pal, things aren't that bad.

We got another couple of weeks before the window shuts. And if pep leaves so what, nobody is bigger than the club, we get someone else in and on we go.

Honestly mate just relax, we'll be fine.
Derby day defeat to Man Utd and seeing Liverpool lift the title can have that effect.

No doubts we’ve always had our fair share of pessimists amongst the fanbase, mate, but what we are seeing on here recently goes way beyond a bit of gloom and doom.
The attitude towards our manager and higher ups has been a fucking joke, some of the posts being made aren’t borne out from a bit of frustration for not getting players in, they come across as genuinely unhappy about everything the club is doing.
We all want to compete for titles every season and so far we have done that with a style of football that’s been unmatched. Of course there’s been failures along the way but that is the case with every top club in every country in the world.
Yes, there are holes in the squad and the signing of a high quality CB is definitely something I’d have liked to have seen happen but fuck throwing my toys out of the pram and coming on here posting the same thing 30 times a day saying how unfair it is and how every team has improved apart from us.
The squad we have going into the first game is more than good enough to win the league this season. By the time the window closes I believe it will be even stronger.
The club has plenty of credit in the bank for me so I’d rather trust that they are trying to do the right thing than slag them off to fuck because we haven’t signed 6 players.
Great post Pablo

Or we could just adjust our formation and play to the strengths of the squad we already have.
Trying to find a ball playing centre half with the pace of Usain Bolt limits our options somewhat.
We lost games last season by being hit on the counter. How about sitting a bit deeper in some of these games. We have the skill to pass our way through teams and the ability to break quickly.
You never know, Stones/Otta may be the second incarnation of Baresi in a system that suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.