It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

argyle

Always said it but Son is the one we should go for...Great finisher...certainly better than Sterling, Mahrez or Jesus

He is also able to play across he front 3 whereas Kane isnt...nor is he a sick note like Kane

Nope.

He looks good when teams give him plenty of space to run. Against the packed defenses which we play against his best attributes will be nullified.

mccity

SebastianBlue: mccity is very, very often on point
Nope.

He looks good when teams give him plenty of space to run. Against the packed defenses which we play against his best attributes will be nullified.
If Mahrez had played for Tottenham today against Southampton he would have got 4 assists and then 4 goals on his own.

Dr Jacoby

Son reminds me of a more clinical version of Jesus but talk of signing him is immaterial. Levy would want nine figures.

blueparrot

Son reminds me of a more clinical version of Jesus but talk of signing him is immaterial. Levy would want nine figures.
How clinical was Son 5 years ago though, genuine question, I don’t really know. Jesus could easily develop his game to become better than Son.

simon23

Team supported
ManCity
I think you're only seeing the positives of Son and not acknowledging there are times he frustrates as well.

I'm not denying he's a very good player but to say he's certainly better than the three you listed is a rather extreme statement.

all players frustrate at times

I also said he is a better finisher than the 3 i stated...not better player....his close control wont rival Mahrez for instance - his closing down wont rival jesus either. His finishing however does rival all 3 however.

mccity

SebastianBlue: mccity is very, very often on point
all players frustrate at times

I also said he is a better finisher than the 3 i stated...not better player....his close control wont rival Mahrez for instance - his closing down wont rival jesus either. His finishing however does rival all 3 however.

You did, my apologies. Even still, I'm happy to acknowledge he can definitely rival them, but to say certainly better again misses the times we've seen him not take his chances. He's definitely more confident than Sterling and Jesus, but he lacks the positioning of Sterling and the variety of Jesus. As a one on one finisher I do think he's more likely to score than Sterling and Jesus, but I don't think the margin is that big. I think Mahrez is better than he gets credit for.

Think you are thinking of a different Mahrez!
Mahrez against teams that give him a lot of space to attack is our best attacker after De Bruyne. It's just he never gets that kind of space because of how we play.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.