It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son reminds me of a more clinical version of Jesus but talk of signing him is immaterial. Levy would want nine figures.
How clinical was Son 5 years ago though, genuine question, I don’t really know. Jesus could easily develop his game to become better than Son.

I think you're only seeing the positives of Son and not acknowledging there are times he frustrates as well.

I'm not denying he's a very good player but to say he's certainly better than the three you listed is a rather extreme statement.

all players frustrate at times

I also said he is a better finisher than the 3 i stated...not better player....his close control wont rival Mahrez for instance - his closing down wont rival jesus either. His finishing however does rival all 3 however.

all players frustrate at times

I also said he is a better finisher than the 3 i stated...not better player....his close control wont rival Mahrez for instance - his closing down wont rival jesus either. His finishing however does rival all 3 however.

You did, my apologies. Even still, I'm happy to acknowledge he can definitely rival them, but to say certainly better again misses the times we've seen him not take his chances. He's definitely more confident than Sterling and Jesus, but he lacks the positioning of Sterling and the variety of Jesus. As a one on one finisher I do think he's more likely to score than Sterling and Jesus, but I don't think the margin is that big. I think Mahrez is better than he gets credit for.

Think you are thinking of a different Mahrez!
Mahrez against teams that give him a lot of space to attack is our best attacker after De Bruyne. It's just he never gets that kind of space because of how we play.

Apparently
”Juve called #Mendes to try and start placing Ronaldo somewhere next season. CR7 cost Juventus 360 million and proved to be an economic flop.
When Agnelli moves it means that it is an input from the owners, not from the management. "

[Caronni]

1600617120843.png

Just putting it into the context of potential Messi signing.

Apparently
”Juve called #Mendes to try and start placing Ronaldo somewhere next season. CR7 cost Juventus 360 million and proved to be an economic flop.
When Agnelli moves it means that it is an input from the owners, not from the management. "

[Caronni]

View attachment 2668

Just putting it into the context of potential Messi signing.

Juve are a different club to us. Cant help but feel they have less room to grow commercially. They were “european elite” already, they have nearly walked their league for the past 10 years, serie A doesn’t have the commercial pull or strength of external finance of the prem etc etc.

Definitely need to make sure it doesn’t bankrupt us by signing messi, but even if its minorly loss making, it will elevate the club a few tiers whereas Juve were probably already there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.