It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point and probably a reason for the change in direction in terms of trasfers.

Covid is not going away anytime soon and if and when it does the world after is going to be a very different place for everyone of us.

Money is going to be in short supply, tv deals will suffer as will attendances.

Reality check for football.
I think covid will hit clubs even more in next few transfer windows.

That's what you believe, I don't agree.

Fans maybe another 12 months before anyone can go into the stadium, the economy is tanked, don't believe everything will return to normal, things are going to change after all of this and football will need a serious reality check, not before time.

You keep going on about Messi making money for City, that's not correct, any money that he generates HE will keep, not the club, sponsors will be paying Messi's enormous wages and image rights.

If sponsors are paying his wages how do you figure we would not be benefitting?

Messi is still the best player in the World and even if he isn't , he has been for years so everyone in the World knows his name like Pele or Maradona. Marketing isn't about a player's age of form but their recognisability. Tell me a player that appears on the back of kids' shirts more than Messi? That doesn't vanish because he has had a birthday.

Maybe Dias can bring Nuno Tavares with him. Looks great on the clips I’ve seen and seems to be the next big thing at LB. He can score 30 yard screamers and his weak foot is so good that he has even played as a RB. @Bernardo20 probably knows more about him

Wow I just saw he is 28... Still at Ajax.. Hmmm
But he is actually good, experienced and cheap, won't take time to adapt, isn't injury prone either. Exactly the profile we need to address a long standing issue.

Watch the last WC ? One of the poorest in a crap Argentina side.....the reason he's still at Ajax at 28.
I wouldn't judge anyone off their NT, especially not Argentina. Aguero looks bad in that setup, and Dybala isn't considered a worthy starter.

If sponsors are paying his wages how do you figure we would not be benefitting?

Messi is still the best player in the World and even if he isn't , he has been for years so everyone in the World knows his name like Pele or Maradona. Marketing isn't about a player's age of form but their recognisability. Tell me a player that appears on the back of kids' shirts more than Messi? That doesn't vanish because he has had a birthday.
He will be 34 , coming to a new league, considerably more physical and more demanding.

Messi is without doubt the worlds best player but he is not superman, age stops for no one.

We don't want to become Messi FC and we would if he arrived, the Pep situation is also a major factor. At this moment it does not look good that Pep would want to extend or for that matter the club would want to either. Pep does not look in a good way at this time, his time with us may be coming to the end, that may change, but at this moment we have far more serious issues to attend to than thinking about signing a 34yr old in 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.