It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of a lot of people who have canceled, watching sport with no fans is not good.

People simply won't have the money to keep paying for it, once this pandemic ends the payback in terms of tax increases etc will be huge.

Serie A have started bringing fans in, Roma fans in the Juve , Roma game last night

to be honest ive hardly watched the games myself,ive tried but cant get into it, i only watch the city games, wish i hadn't yesterday :)
It's like watching a pre season or training game, it's not good, not good box office.

The players and staff must hate it, simply no emotion on that pitch.

We have plenty of players that can attack though, we could do with a few more who can defend properly, even if they don't offer much else. Stop the cross or win the ball, then give it to someone who can actually play. That's how I play anyway!
Look at every Pep team in past and how important his full backs were in his successes, we've not had anyone of that level at our club and that's a shame, because we would be even more dominant if it was the case, it's a role that is extremely important for our system, adds a whole new attacking and defending dimension. Sorting out good full backs will help us a lot against sides that sit back. Yesterday was a great example of us passing sideways because there wasn't really a pass on through the middle or to the wing. Just free full backs, if Leicester did that against Liverpool, their full backs would have feasted on them.

It's truly amazing how Aguero is all of a sudden considered to be fading, is it because he's not scored while out injured?
This injury is dragging on which is a worry. Will he be the old Aguero when he returns? There’s at least the potential of this becoming an issue and he isn’t getting any younger. Obviously we all hope he comes back, regains full fitness, and returns to his best form. I’m pointing towards the possibility that this won’t happen, and if this is the case we have only one experienced back up option. It reminds me of when City fans were pointing out the danger of Laporte getting injured at the start of last season and sure enough the worse happened and fucked up the season. We saw yesterday that Sterling isn’t up to the job and Delap isn’t ready.

He will be 34 , coming to a new league, considerably more physical and more demanding.

Messi is without doubt the worlds best player but he is not superman, age stops for no one.

We don't want to become Messi FC and we would if he arrived, the Pep situation is also a major factor. At this moment it does not look good that Pep would want to extend or for that matter the club would want to either. Pep does not look in a good way at this time, his time with us may be coming to the end, that may change, but at this moment we have far more serious issues to attend to than thinking about signing a 34yr old in 12 months time.

Forget football. You need to decide what you are talking about here because if it's marketability you are absolutely and, without a shadow of a doubt, wrong.

Leave it to City to know if sponsors are interested in Messi or not. Clue...they would be queuing up if he had one leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.