It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see THB or Tommy Doyle making it with us, I've seen nothing in them for me to think they're for the future.

Hope I'm wrong.

I think you are with Doyle.He looked great in the Cup,one of our better players first half.
He's tenacious,energetic and mobile,calm on the ball,reads play very well and can pass the ball/build attacks from the back.

At 18,it's only experience he's lacking.I'd definitely be playing him ahead of Gundogan,who doesn't have the same energy/industry or aggression.

What do you not like?

THB is gonna struggle,a loan will find his ability.

Insofar as City need "legitimising", I suspect that the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons, where we were the greatest side British football has ever seen, "legitimised" the club. A 34 year old Messi, if anything, smacks to me of trying to associate ourselves with someone else's greatness.
“Plasticising” would be a more accurate term than “legitimising”.

Last edited:
“Plasticising” would be a more accurate term “legitimising”.
The idea that the best player in the world saw our club as a viable alternative to his beloved top team shows a level of legitimacy. It proves we are a force and it will help attract players in the future. So many players want to go to Real or Barca (before they were shit) because they’re the top of football and if we can cement our place there it is great for our future

I think you are with Doyle.He looked great in the Cup,one of our better players first half.
He's tenacious,energetic and mobile,calm on the ball,reads play very well and can pass the ball/build attacks from the back.

At 18,it's only experience he's lacking.I'd definitely be playing him ahead of Gundogan,who doesn't have the same energy/industry or aggression.

What do you not like?

THB is gonna struggle,a loan will find his ability.
Agree Doyle is worth developing further.
Not convinced about THB - great lad, blue, and lots of potential so young.
But, you saw against Bournemouth he was short of pace and their CF had him and Garcia on toast. Not a good sign for playing PL...

Agree Doyle is worth developing further.
Not convinced about THB - great lad, blue, and lots of potential so young.
But, you saw against Bournemouth he was short of pace and their CF had him and Garcia on toast. Not a good sign for playing PL...
Even more worrying was his positional sense,much of the time time he looked lost,and i was surprised at how easily he was bullied.

I'm hoping it was the system/unclear instruction.....but i think i'm clinging to straws.A loan to a lower end Championship club would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.