It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
City gash? Those were the days. lol. We'll be back. Eventually.
I bet United fans were saying that 6 years ago and the scousers 30, look at Arsenal and Chelsea nowhere near in last few years, it doesn’t take long to fall away, I think sometimes we sit on our laurels too much, Mancini era was prime example, buy the players he wants and then we would have had back to back leagues. I get we have to balance the books but arguing it seems over £5-10 million seems almost childish when it would pay back huge dividends. For me the loss of Sane was the catalyst for this, maybe he was a sill but you man manage him and tie him up with a great deal. That lad will be a ballon d’or winner within 3 years, he was what we need now, young energetic players who offer us something different, we seem to have very similar players now, nothing with a spark that gets you off your seat and spurs the team on. If Pep didn’t fancy him then Pep commits longer term than he has and Sane goes, or you think look Pep is off in 2 years this lad is our future 10 years and keep him.

We need a left back,a centre forward and a defensive midfielder much more than this lad.

We aren't even deploying/utilising Foden or Bernardo to the best of their abilities,without adding to the issue.

I would argue he has the ability to control the game... At the moment kdb can't do it alone... Regarding foden / Bernardo not getting minutes in their actual position is on Pep.

Aouor would be an ideal replacement for Gundogan. We know he is coming right back once he recovers from. COVID.

I was very impressed with his performance vs Us in the quarters

It's not even our press which is the fundamental problem, even if the intensity of it isn't what is once was.

The problem is now the press from the other teams.

They have stopped doing it to us, allowing our backline to retain the ball and not create a spare man.

Rodgers admitted as much. Save their energy for the breakdown and hit hard and fast.

Stands to reason, our defence have been allowed to come out fifty yards from goal.

The fundamental reason also why Ederson is never in the game now, apart from picking the ball out of the net.

Our system won't change, but that's the nub of it.

Same with any decent big-hitting boxer, just be wary of their best shot and stay in the fight.
Why won't are system change? Arrogance , ignorance or unwillingness or a combination?

I would argue he has the ability to control the game... At the moment kdb can't do it alone... Regarding foden / Bernardo not getting minutes in their actual position is on Pep.

Aouor would be an ideal replacement for Gundogan. We know he is coming right back once he recovers from. COVID.

I was very impressed with his performance vs Us in the quarters
Maybe we don't want to upset Arteta, I'm fine with that but I'd 100% want to upset Arsenal

As awful as we were on Sunday, with new signings and returning injured players over the next couple of weeks we’ll get back to good form. Even if we play badly, the quality of our players will get us back on track to a top three finish.

The quality of our players won’t win us the league though, that comes from great coaching and adapting. I would love for Pep to turn it around but I feellike we’ve come to the end of our cycle with Pep and the players just don’t have that same excitement and enthusiasm now. I hope I’m proved wrong, but I won’t be.

As awful as we were on Sunday, with new signings and returning injured players over the next couple of weeks we’ll get back to good form. Even if we play badly, the quality of our players will get us back on track to a top three finish.

The quality of our players won’t win us the league though, that comes from great coaching and adapting. I would love for Pep to turn it around but I feellike we’ve come to the end of our cycle with Pep and the players just don’t have that same excitement and enthusiasm now. I hope I’m proved wrong, but I won’t be.

pretty sure after last season a top 3 finish would end pep anyway with what khaldoon said in the summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.