It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really go into detail, but you're right about him not wanting fuss. They want it all low key to focus on the games and not distract the squad. Heard that from a couple of people I know within the game etc.

If we do actually deal with DeLaurentis of course, that might prove difficult ;)

I think perhaps that our best indicators might be to see which of City's rumoured targets don't actually appear to be moving anywhere else during this period.

Makes perfect sense...Ake and Torres were done low key (partly due to them havign to cause of the pandemic situation)

I think with the squad away now in Lisbon that will also help keeping the press of the players and managers back a little .....

Probably no more signings now till our champs league participation comes to and end. Then the fun begins!

The low key stuff wasn't a coincidence. Can you imagine being the current CBs and seeing the club post loads of new videos about their new defender, with all the focus from fans replying about how they're gonna replace Otamendi or Stones in the comments? Players that literally might have to play for us again. Yeah...players are focused, but they still sit on their phones like everyone else during down time. Pep knows that, and he'll want to remove any tiny distraction, hence why we won't see any big signings until the season is over properly now.

The low key stuff wasn't a coincidence. Can you imagine being the current CBs and seeing the club post loads of new videos about their new defender, with all the focus from fans replying about how they're gonna replace Otamendi or Stones in the comments? Players that literally might have to play for us again. Yeah...players are focused, but they still sit on their phones like everyone else during down time. Pep knows that, and he'll want to remove any tiny distraction, hence why we won't see any big signings until the season is over properly now.

would that work with say ADL if say we did agree a deal with him for koulibaly? could we trust him to keep his gob shut?

I can't really go into detail, but you're right about him not wanting fuss. They want it all low key to focus on the games and not distract the squad. Heard that from a couple of people I know within the game etc.

yeah, how does one announce messi in a low key fashion? will be delirium, and that’s just in @richards30 shed

Don't believe transfer rumours / signings will affect any current players concentration in the slightest. Playing for a club like City they know full well the club are always looking to strengthen. It's part of the challenge. Three games and they could be European Champions they really won't be arsed about next season at this stage.

If we do actually deal with DeLaurentis of course, that might prove difficult ;)

I think perhaps that our best indicators might be to see which of City's rumoured targets don't actually appear to be moving anywhere else during this period.
Though at the most it's only another 10 days until the final.

Don't believe transfer rumours / signings will affect any current players concentration in the slightest. Playing for a club like City they know full well the club are always looking to strengthen. It's part of the challenge. Three games and they could be European Champions they really won't be arsed about next season at this stage.

Whether they would or not, you wouldn't want it, if you were preparing them for Champs Lg games with everyone locked together for two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.